Another kitchen renovation thread

After

I will update as more gets done. Granite benchtops to go on at the end of this week, splash back tiling shortly thereafter and floors booked in for the 19th Feb (the earliest the sanders could make it). The roof and cornicing will be done within the next few months.... maybe ;)

I will post up a full costing when done for those of you who are interested.

Great work. I love seeing before and after photos. Can't wait to see the rest. That kitchen is from IKEA - from the ABSTRAKT WHITE range if im not mistaken...?

Are your walls double brick?

Nice guess, but no, they are not Ikea, they are from Princes Kitchens in Arncliffe (Sydney). You are correct on the double brick though.

Here are the current progress pics, sorry they are a bit dark

And a costing to-date:

Cabinetry & granite slabs (including pantry, overhead cupboard and end shelf for laundry) - $6250. FYI the price was $5400 prior to me upgrading handles, adding bevelled edge doors, adding glass to cabinets either side of canopy and converting a floor cabinet to drawers.
Truck hire to transport to Canberra - $550
Granite cutting - $600
Installation - DIY aka free
Plumbing - mates rates aka free
Electrical - mates rates aka free
Gas - TBC tomorrow, when a friend of a friend comes around for another cheapie ;)
Total cabinetry: $7400

Appliances
Oven and rangehood combo - $2000 (reduced from $4000 - floorstock)
Dishwasher - Conia from KMart after positive review by choice - $425 incl. delivery
Fridge - existing
Sink incl mixer and plumbing bits and bobs - $365
Total appliances: $2,790

Floors
Radiata pine stained and polished - $1250
Total $1250

The total cost once gas and splashback are completed will come under $12,000. The plastering will also fall under the 'mates rates' aka 'free' category when done. If this was an IP I would have done a few things differently / cheaper and come under $10,000. I'm not sure how much the trades would have added if we had to pay for them.

Next project: replace the dining room window with a sliding door and build back deck. I think I will sit back and supervise the hubby (to be) on that one!

Thats a fantastic result you have achieved there.

Are you or your partner tradies?

Or have you just learnt what ever skills you needed to get the job done as you discovered things you did not know how to do?

Cheers

Back