another one bites the dust

Well i just settled on another property last week. Went straight in with a ute full of tools/equipment and paint and spent 5 straight says slugging away in painting, odd jobs, fixing doors, cupboards, sticking Spotlight curtains in place of the slated blinds etc.

A couple of fencing guys will be dropping by this week for a quote on a new colourbond fence, then next weekend will be some landscaping on one of the borders (to define it better).

I got a quote from an agent before the work on expected rent and he said about 270 per week (4 bedrom home in regional nsw). With the extra work, he said the rent will increase to about 310 a week and with tenants already lined up. So for 5 days work so far by myself, plus a new fence, and plus 2 days landscaping, i have increased the rental income by 40 per week. Not bad i think..Even more surprising, since buying this place, ie putting offer on and then doing the settlement, it has gone up about 12k-15k in value - this isn't counting the odd jobs that i've done.

Now find another....

thanks

g

Back