Another Small Step

Howdy all,

Haven't posted for a bit as I've been head down with another reno. Not gloating but quite a good result I think. I hope and this may be of interest for some.

2 bed unit in Southport on the Gold Coast. Purchase 265k, rent was 220 p/w. 2 month reno which included 3 weeks early access before settlement. Reno cost 22k, majority of work done by myself with my labourer. On completion just had it revalued and refinanced to WBC at 350k, the new tennant is now paying 400p/w on a six month lease. It's been a busy 2 months but very happy with end result.

Now just waiting for the refinance to settle, should be this week I hope as Im maxed out. I'm sure ssome of you know the feeling!

Thanks
Slingshot

Hi Slingshot!

What an amazing result! Would you mind sharing some photos?
I am new to IP's, so there is soooo much to learn.
Thanks!

Hi Gomum,

I will post a few pix but it'll have to be next week. Not sure how to resize them but I'll suss it out and post them when I get back (going away today for the weekend, yippee).

Thanks for replying, I was getting a complex as no one had responded to my post.....Im a sensitive creature.

Stay tuned for pix

Slingshot

Hey Slingshot!

I will hang in for the photos.
I recently purchased a house in Canberra for $455K and waiting to be tennanted b/w $470 - $490 wk. I thought land would give the best capital growth in the long term, but your fine work has got me re thinking .......

Enjoy your weekend!

gomum

Hi Gomum,

Finally posted a few pix of the latest reno. I hope you can find them. First time I've posted photos and it seemed to take forever.

Take care

Finally posted a few pix of the latest reno. I hope you can find them. First time I've posted photos and it seemed to take forever.
They were easy to find but to save looking, they are here & they look great! I also approve your selection of labourers:D I rated it a 10!
Steve

Fantastic job. Huge improvement taking out the archway into the kitchen.

I also like the hired help, but prefer the one without the g-string (seeing I am a female). Nice pecs!!

I just love seeing before and after photos. Even when I have done the work I still cannot believe how much difference I have made and I look at my own before and after photos and find it amazing how much difference a few weeks can make.

Wylie

Thanks for all the positive feedback re the reno.

I'm also constantly amazed when I look back at the before and afters of various projects. Although one does forget the pain of those nights when you're absolutely knackered and still setting plaster at midnight or lugging tiles up 4 flights of stairs etc etc.
Its getting easier of late as I've got access to more funds which means more hired help but there's been some tough times. I just don't know a better way of creating quick equity so I'll stick with it I think.

As for the labourer. She was horrified tonight when she got home tonight from work and seen I'd posted her pic. Actually she thought it was quite funny. In all fairness she's a fantastic help and looks great in a G-banger.....life's good

I won't post the pix of my real labourer, he's downright ugly!!

Thanks again
Slingshot

Back