Any architects here?

If I had my time over again I would train as a draftsman. A lot less study time and you still get to design things. have input into clients designs etc. I usually use one of my guys plans that has passed council for an overall footprint, then I design it how I want, but he has some fantastic input into my designs both inside and out. I would think there is far less time involved in studying but you still get to be creative and draw things up. You can then run your own little business even from home if you wished and make money from patios, garages, etc.

"I'm an architect and contract administrator. If you're qualified as architect you can administer the project you designed as a Contract Admin. That is, you become a independent and fair Valuer/Assessor/Certifier for the contract. The Client and Contractor has to let you manage the contract"
Hmm, where can I find out more about this?, I'm registered in Victoria as an architect but havent lived there for 22 years. I renew my registration every year in the "retired" category as I have been running a town planning business rather than work in architecture, which is a bit too hard and generally thankless. I'd be keen to become a certifier and then transfer the registration to NSW/ACT.

Bespoke, I sooo know what you are talking about and agree totally with some of your sentiments.
7 years at RMIT in the 80s, pretty much a waste of time but my employers are always impressed so its not really a waste...hehe, I did a law degree too and am admitted as a solicitor in NSW and dont use that either. :)
what can I say, ? learning is fun.

Back