Any good books on negotiating?

"You Can Negotiate Anything" by Herb Cohen.

Another is the Dale Carnegie Classic "How to Win Friends and Influence People"

Neither are specifically about property negotiations, but do cover negotiations well.

Cheers

There's a very good Australian based book on negotiation- "How to get the best deal every time", by Wayne Berry. It's on http://www.successcentre.com.au/cat...cur_titleID=335 - and I found my copy in Hornsby- but I had a bit of a time finding it in the main booksellers' catalogues. Highly recommended for any sort of negotiation (even with children).

Wayne Berry does courses on negotiation. I heard him present in a seminar last year, he was very good.

Hi all, I used "Getting to Yes" in my management degree a few years back. I'll be re-reading it when I get back home, with a view to getting our ppor.

Getting to Yes : Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In, Second Edition. ISBN: 0395631246. Fisher, Roger \ Ury, William \ Patton, Bruce

Hope this is helpfull.
Cheers
ShaunW

I have to agree with Shaun....."Getting to Yes", is a great book, as is "Getting Past No", by William Ury.

Of course "You Can Negotiate Anything" by Herb Cohen is one of the classics, but my all time favourite negotiating book is:

"Negotiate...The Art of Winning" by Harry A Mills. He's a New Zealand guy and it's a great read.

I'll put "The Negotiating Game" by Chester L Karrass.....in the OK basket, but probably wouldn't recommend it as one of my favourites.

It's a great subject, and probably something we all should be spending more time learning about.

Ruby :)

On the subject of Wayne Berry (which I raised), I note that Freestylers are promoting a breakfast which he is presenting.

I received an email- but it took me until today to find a reference- http://www.freestyler.net.au/events/wberry.html

It had details on how to book- but no details on where, when, or how much.

Robert, are you there? A few more details required on the website before you start posting please. (I DID receive notifications by email- but I don't like emails before the website is updated).

Stephen,

the next best thing after recommendations is a bookstore (if you have time to spare).

the way i find good books (most of the time) is go to borders store and look thru relevant sections. i spend time reading the contents of the book, about the author and (if i have time) skim read a few paragraphs. Generally, i involve my gut feeling about the contents too (because some authors overpromise on their cover advertising and underdeliver in the material itself).

happy book hunting

:)

Originally posted by geoffw
On the subject of Wayne Berry (which I raised), I note that Freestylers are promoting a breakfast which he is presenting.

I received an email- but it took me until today to find a reference- http://www.freestyler.net.au/events/wberry.html

It had details on how to book- but no details on where, when, or how much.

Robert, are you there? A few more details required on the website before you start posting please. (I DID receive notifications by email- but I don't like emails before the website is updated).

Hi Geoff

Thanks for that, there wasnt that many seats available for people, so we didnt put it on the web site, thats why in the email we said if your interested in any of the above please CALL ( 1800) number for the details, we were swamped this morning from calls and the seats are just about filled, it was just a courtesy that we emailed people. Thats why there were no links on the email.

Cheers
Robert

PS: What do you think about the new website???

Last edited:
Back