any ideas for lots of strong boxes for moving heaps of books please.

any ideas for lots of strong boxes for moving heaps of books please.

its for a friend and i can imagine he doesnt want to pay, or pay much

fruit boxes? photocopying boxes?

he likes using photocop boxes but would need a hundred to cover his needs.

any suggestions of where to get them from or other ideas please.

thank francine.

removalists..you can buy them 2nd hand.........yellow pages........its not hard to source them..........dont be so tight trying to score some for free.......you can resell them again once you have finished using them...always a good seller

Fruite boxes are good - gets thrown out by a lot of green grocers, supermarkets, and markets anyway - so go and ask them.

The Y-man

if they're just trashy paperbacks or textbooks, don't discount the supermarket green bags - 30 bags for $20, just knot the handles and away you go, and you can reuse them later.

Borrow some bread crates or the chicken ones, better still run behind the grocery store and grab some milk crates. but return them too!

If you really do have heaps of books, best way to go would be a few pallets and some pallet wrap.
Rent a pallet jack and get a truck with tail lift gate for easy loading, this is assuming you don't have a forklift.

Good luck.

I moved my books in 30L plastic hobby boxes that I got from bunnings or some cheap shop years ago, they are about $5 each still. But I only have a dozen or so, they are usually full of toys or small children or cats or something, I had to take out the usual box occupants to put the books in them.

And yes, used the green supermarket bags for some of the books too. They are very strong.

We got all our other moving boxes from the local supermarket, free.

I just go to the local industrial area. Theres a store that stocks items like Freedom,etc and they have heaps of cardboard boxes in a massive skip. I ask first then help myself to as many as I want. Only problem is they are all different sizes but they are free.

I have recently had to clean out house with hundreds of books, we got string and tied them up in batches of 5 or 6 easy to carry and wernt stuck with a heap of boxes after :D

Brocolli boxes from the fruit shops (got dozens last time I needed some)

Good as a backup esky as well (bag of ice, 12 beers and a kg of prawnies)

I've only ever used the wine boxes from the local bottle shop. Mainly because they are free, small and easier to carry. You can stack 4 or 5 on a wheeled trolley too.

boxes for moving

thanks he has a million books. he will need hundreds of hopefully similar sized boxes.

For some reason he is fixated on a4 photocopy boxes

but i 'll suggest and look into the other ideas too and maybe get him some.

He's helped me out at times and this is something i can maybe help a bit with for him.

thanks ill look into all those ideas. much appreciated

francine

Back