Any one own a 2009 Ford XR6?

I am looking at upgrading cars soon, possibly with a Novated Lease for 4 to 5 yrs.

I am keen on the FG XR6's, just wondering if any SS'ers have one of theses cars or mates etc. Some real life feed back would be good.

Looking at car sales on the net prices start from approx $22,000 with about 30-40,000kms on the clock.

P.S for all the Holden lovers out there, I have owned 4 commodores now, I feel its time to see if the grass is greener on the other side :D

I have one, actually its the one in the picture. Its good car for the money and fuel isnt too bad.

If you are interested, I would be happy to talk price.

Blue, sept 2009 build, auto, 43,000kms. :)

I am looking at upgrading cars soon, possibly with a Novated Lease for 4 to 5 yrs.

I am keen on the FG XR6's, just wondering if any SS'ers have one of theses cars or mates etc. Some real life feed back would be good.

Looking at car sales on the net prices start from approx $22,000 with about 30-40,000kms on the clock.

P.S for all the Holden lovers out there, I have owned 4 commodores now, I feel its time to see if the grass is greener on the other side :D

As I understand it, recent XR6s are pretty good cars. They handle well, have ok power (well, for a 6!), and are economical on a trip. Servicing should also be cheap (especially if you avoid the stealership).

I'm think I might try an XR6 turbo next time, although I likely won't replace the V8 for a while, because although it's not worth much, it's still a very good vehicle.

I have one, actually its the one in the picture. Its good car for the money and fuel isnt too bad.

If you are interested, I would be happy to talk price.

Blue, sept 2009 build, auto, 43,000kms. :)

Hi Nathan,

I would be interested. Now for the thousand and one questions lol....

That's a lot of Kms, I take it they are mostly highway kms?

Is it the 6spd auto?

So what sort of range you get from the tank, I know I can read the stats online, but really they mean squat too me.

I guess it has full service history?

PM for price if you are serious

Hi Nathan,

I would be interested. Now for the thousand and one questions lol....

That's a lot of Kms, I take it they are mostly highway kms?

Is it the 6spd auto?

So what sort of range you get from the tank, I know I can read the stats online, but really they mean squat too me.

I guess it has full service history?

PM for price if you are serious

KMs are from just my lifestyle, I drive a lot in it.

It is 5 speed auto, as this is the standard for the xr6.

Gets via normal driving 500kms from a 68 litre (I think 68) tank.

It has been serviced but has missed the last one.

I had been contemplating selling it for the next one however I havent had time to market it or anything.

Nath.

That post is the reason I didn't buy one when looking for my current car - I was concerned about reliability (Ford's reputation isn't as good as it could be).

I've got a 08 BFII XR6T ute and love it! Pulls extremely hard and I haven't had 1 drama with it. Only have 20,000k's on it though which helps.

Much better to drive than the XR8's after test drving the 2.

PS. Also for sale (in Tbar) as overseas :D

have you missed all the taxis out there with 800,000+ km ....?

I'm not suggesting all Fords are rubbish, simply that (like Holden and some other brands) there are enough examples with ongoing problems that a reputation has emerged.

Taxis can have 800,000+km for two reasons:
1) The real problem cars get weeded out early on; and
2) Constant running is far better for engines than the way most of us use our vehicles. Other stuff can be replaced as and when needed.

My opinion, and that's all it is, is that cost cutting has meant companies like Ford and Holden have quality problems. Holden has tried to clean its act up in the last few years, and seems to be doing ok. When I bought my V8, it was almost common knowledge that you either got a good one, or not. I was fortunate enough to get a good one, which is why I haven't sold it.

I had a 2004 Falcon BA2 Egas ute (2004-2009). Great car, zero problems in the time i owned it. SUPER economical, with LPG at 50 cents litre, 15-17 l/100kms in town, and 11-12 l/100kms hwy, always with 500-700kgs of equipment on board too.

Very highly recommended.

easily my pick of the rental fleet my gf grabs from work. Put up a heap of KMs on them and they are nice to drive even with a 5 speed in them versus the nicer 6 which can be optioned in.

I have driven almost every car in the avis fleet and prefer the xr.

I wonder what they are like to own i had a BA MKII XR6 and i have a few issues which where never fully resolved but it was manual and the old 5 speed at that which i am led to believe always are a bit of an issue with fords.

Back