Any reason not to buy in Mirrabooka

Balga/Westminster has been moving for about 12 years now. I recently did 2 feasibilities there for a client. One showing a loss of 9% and the other borderline breakeven.

If you're interested in purchasing there, get the numbers right early and buy well. Asking prices are way too inflated at the moment to make any return worth doing. You have to have the numbers behind you and go in knowing the offer will return 20%+.

It'll be frustrating also as the RE agent will rightfully look after the vendor and be looking for naive mums and dads who will pay too much.

i just did a feaso for a client on 7 units.

was break even as well - even though it consisted of an amalgamated 2 blocks. why? still paid too much.

asking prices are too high for developers to turn a profit - all the sellers want their pound of flesh.

cool, if bad places for families are an investment hot spot then knock you socks off. I had an investment in st james and it sucked. was too scared to leave the place in fear of the locals knocking off the hws, smashing the windows. even whilst it was let out, my tenant sat and had a cup of coffee whislt watching someone walk over the roof next door and break into my mates PPOR that he had built next door. then when someone broke into my place the cops told them that it was my fault for not securing the house properly and so along comes a wish list for security systems, screens blah blah blah and I was fearing their claim for a new plasma which fortunately never happened

?

someone just asked mate.. and a few of us have invested near by where others have.. and previously proffited from..

I remember when looking at triplex blocks in Balga, I rolled around the bend of a street to be faced with 2 cop out the front of the house neighbouring the one I was going to look at (from the outside only). The cops were across the street speaking to about 4 people when a 3rd car turned up. A group of various ages from the house where thoe cops were parked, were sat in cahris in the front yard, strewn iwth every type of rubbish from take-away wrappers to car parts which you could imagine mocking the cops and laughing at them... I decided it wasn't worthwhile to stop and look too carefully... if I was to get an old house, I'd have to rent it for a bit, not on that street net door to those close by neighbours thanks.

i just think resi is nightmare enough in good areas,let alone the bad ones. don't mind me - bitter and twisted from too many years at the coal face

Who said it was a good place /bad place to raise a family ? we were, or at lest I was, interested only in investment potential. People already live and rent and visit there, so the problems are pretty well known to those of us in Perth.

People already live and rent and visit Cullacabardee too but I wouldn't be buying there... even google maps are too scared to enter :D

Mirrabooka isn;t that different to the surrounding areas, and isnt; the worst palce in Perth.. People have invested there before and some hve actually done ok out of them, so people like me may always be curious and wonder....

Hearing someone repeat that the neighbourheood's got crime isn't actually new to our ears, so I'm not sure that it helps us determine investment potential, very few poeple in Perth would be under the illusions that is it a suburb with the most well behaved and updstanding citzens in Perth, we already know it's problems (well, you're not the only one who knows them).

Despite that, some have bought houses for less tah $200k and they are now selling for $400k - not too bad.. this waqs when it was booming, so peopel who aren;t experts wonder, is there still opportunity or not ....at least that's what I was wondering about more than having a dig at eitheter the residents or unknowing potential investors curious to find out more.

Back