Mirrabooka

Hi All :)

The surrounding suburbs around Mirrabooka (WA) have been rezoned or have proposed rezoning (Balga, Girrawheen, Koondoola, Ballajura), yet Mirrabooka seems to be missing out.

Does this present a good opportunity to get in before rezoning occurs and beat the price rise or would it be a better strategy to buy in the areas with rezoning already proposed (if the goal is for capital growth)?

Is there anything to suggest Mirrabooka will or wont be rezoned within the next few years?

Cheers!

Is there anything to suggest Mirrabooka will or wont be rezoned within the next few years?

Yes the fact that it hasn't been rezoned yet.

You're assuming that just because surrounding suburbs have been rezoned, then mirrabooka must be next? If anything its probably slightly the opposite effect.

You're assuming that just because surrounding suburbs have been rezoned, then mirrabooka must be next? If anything its probably slightly the opposite effect.

Does rezoning not usually spread away from the CBD? I guess somewhat similar to a strategy of looking for cheaper suburbs where neighbouring suburbs have seen growth?

Can anyone shed any light on why Mirrabooka has not been rezoned whilst neighbouring suburbs have?

Who knows??? In the lap of the Gods.
Have you contacted Council regarding this??
By the way just because it is not earmarked for rezoning does not mean it will not be a good long term investment, proximity to the city.... price point is pretty damn good when I last looked.

Who knows??? In the lap of the Gods.
Have you contacted Council regarding this??
By the way just because it is not earmarked for rezoning does not mean it will not be a good long term investment, proximity to the city.... price point is pretty damn good when I last looked.

Is rezoning quite unpredictable, or are there specific indicators which may suggest a suburb is likely to be rezoned soon?

I tried looking on their website but the latest info was from a 2010 document, might be worth calling the council for more up to date info?

Has anyone noticed trends in rezoning across suburbs from past experience?

Also, generally, how long is the period between rezoning being proposed until approval? Or is this akin to asking how long a piece of string is :D

Also, generally, how long is the period between rezoning being proposed until approval? Or is this akin to asking how long a piece of string is :D

More like how long is a piece of yarn made from a shed full of sheep.

Can be anything between 18mths and 5 plus years from when it's proposed. And that depends on how much neighbourhood consultation etc they want to do before it's proposed.

More like how long is a piece of yarn made from a shed full of sheep.

Can be anything between 18mths and 5 plus years from when it's proposed. And that depends on how much neighbourhood consultation etc they want to do before it's proposed.

As far as Girrokoondorla is concerned I know the rezoning has been rescheduled a number of times, very frustrating for those hanging on.
So that's right, how long is a piece of string? I guess anyone buying in these areas need to do DD as mentioned and also understand there are a number of steps required prior to getting to WA Planning.

I purchased a property in different area in Perth where zoning has been already approved by Council and I believe currently with WA Planning, that's a different kettle of fish because at least we know its been endorsed and there is an actual timeframe which is tangible.

Hi DT
Not sure what you mean about oversupply?
as rents have been softening everywhere in Perth over the last 6 months.

Cheers
MTR:)

Back