Anyone buy bargains on Gumtree

Off topic but I found one of my fav tenants via gumtree.... I started out as a short term stay and they have now been there for 3 years plus they paid to put timber floor boards in the house which was awesome.

Off topic but I found one of my fav tenants via gumtree.... I started out as a short term stay and they have now been there for 3 years plus they paid to put timber floor boards in the house which was awesome.

So did my g/friend, lets start a new trend, who needs property managers;)

Only ever bought once from Gumtree.
Almost new Dining table and 10 chairs, was about 3500 I think.
New would have been about 8k.
Very happy with it, most expensive piece of furniture we ever bought, by far.

I have an Italian black leather lounge suite that I would just love to sell, I paid $6000 never used it, just left it in one of our rooms, then we moved house about 6 years ago, still looks quite stylish, perhaps I should give it a go, place it on gumtree, I thought I would get nothing for it so did not bother.

You should definately sell on gumtree as you will get something if the price is right. I had 4 couches (2sets) and sold them easily. One set took a little longer (2seater and 3seater) so I split them and sold them separately which worked faster and removed my clutter before the new sofa arrived!!

I listed a stock saddle last night ... 4 serious enquires by lunch today ... of which 2 want to negotiate a lower price.

Don't think so

I listed a stock saddle last night ... 4 serious enquires by lunch today ... of which 2 want to negotiate a lower price.

Don't think so

I have stuff advertised with Gumtree. I get sick of the people ringing up and offering to pay half price.

This is what these sorts of sites are all about - folk wanting to find bargains...yours.

Carsales - another one,
Ebay - another one

People don't go on them to pay more; they want to pay less and not have to go outside their door or get off their couch to get it.

The whole Planet is in love with telling all their friends and rellies about their latest online bargain...way under the odds!!

I had to sell my R8 Clubsport last year (tears forming)...I had it advertised for a fair price. Not rock bottom; not over the top - just fair. I wanted to sell it reasonably fast, but not give it away either.

Silly, naive me.

I had to sell my R8 Clubsport last year (tears forming)...I had it advertised for a fair price. Not rock bottom; not over the top - just fair. I wanted to sell it reasonably fast, but not give it away either.

Silly, naive me.

it's only worth what someone will pay and the world is full of second hand cars

Don't think so

Sold for full price plus postage ... bit like property ... know what something is really worth - be realistic - don't worry about the tyre kickers.

In Brisbane I sold my fridge, washing machine, microwave, Lounge suite, dining suite, a couPle of two drawer filing cabinets, low line tv cabinet, storage rack for $300. I already had advertised everything really cheap and the couple added it all up on calculator and offered me 50%. They got a bargain.

actually can we challenge that? can an ordinary item be worth more than what someone will pay?

Not sure if something can be worth more than what someone will pay , but I've seen someone pay more than something was worth .

At bid buy sold ( well worth a visit ) I saw a slightly damaged washing machine sell for more than its recommended retail price ( I love my ipad ) . It was about the only one there that day and several people got enthusiastic .

People who actually knew what it was worth were watching on , shaking their heads and exchanging smiles ....

Cliff

I have an Italian black leather lounge suite that I would just love to sell, I paid $6000 never used it, just left it in one of our rooms, then we moved house about 6 years ago, still looks quite stylish, perhaps I should give it a go, place it on gumtree, I thought I would get nothing for it so did not bother.

Are you in SYdney? I need some nice comfy sofas for my hifi room

Not sure if something can be worth more than what someone will pay , but I've seen someone pay more than something was worth .

At bid buy sold ( well worth a visit ) I saw a slightly damaged washing machine sell for more than its recommended retail price ( I love my ipad ) . It was about the only one there that day and several people got enthusiastic .

People who actually knew what it was worth were watching on , shaking their heads and exchanging smiles ....

Cliff

They often pay too much at that place.

Back