Anyone else get a massive payrise

It's complicated as it's a family run business. My point being I know many (non mining sector) people both employeed and self-employed that are flat out and making good money. Not sure if the OP was a legitimate question or a dig at the pollies.

I guess my point is the average wage earner would not be impressed with the "apparent" large pay increases to politicians lately. I realise a lot of people on here would be successful under most circumstances.

What I mean is across the majority of work sectors I would not expect pay rises, especially large ones at this point in time. I know Dazz said earlier that it is exaggerated by the media, but my point is it doesn't look good to the average person, and there are a lot of those.

Not throwing stones. Just saying it's a slow and tedious way for people to get what they want.

It's probably a generational thing too as I said.

Oh! The peasantry complain so don't they, DB? Why ever can't they just eat cake? It all but puts me off my liver. Shrirsch!

It's all in the mindset Belbo.

Perfect time for a Chinese saying: 人穷志不穷 (feel free to Google meaning)

That's all I'm saying.

According to Google it means you're a Toss Pot. Did I miss anything in translation, TP? I'd hate to have been an esoteric twit on that.

According to Google it means you're a Toss Pot. Did I miss anything in translation, TP? I'd hate to have been an esoteric twit on that.

it means in my understanding- "you may lack money or funds but never lack morale or the spirit to make something of yourself"

It's ok - you'll understand the translation if you ever get to a similar point in life. Remember to revisit this thread if you do.

I'm in Defence, no pay rise for me. Also, having to move state, my wife is losing about $15k in pay in her new job, but I'm pretty confident she'll be a lot happier. My bosses wife gave up a job with Sony, which has cost about $140k/yr, so I'm not too badly off.

No massive pay rises in our household (we're all self-employed) but planning to take self-imposed cuts next year to enjoy some more well-deserved break time :)

Oh go and hug a tree

Because apparently anyone who doesn't care about simply making more and more money at the expense of everything else is a tree hugger :rolleyes:

Oh go and hug a tree

Because apparently anyone who doesn't care about simply making more and more money at the expense of everything else is a tree hugger :rolleyes:

And fdon't forget that now, apparently mopst people in relationship are also treehuggers - idiots !!!!!!!!

When will finally grow up & sacrifice humanity for personal monetary only richness

Back