Anyone had Lasik or Laser Eye Surgery? Please share your experience

i had mine done in 1996 , it was was a very primitive method in those days ( one eye at a time, one month apart) hurt like hell next few days, had to knock yourself out with 3 panadine forte every 3 hours for 4 days, two years later i had to have them both done again as they had deteriorated.

The initial procedure was unbelievable i felt like i could see an ant crossing the road 2 kms away, it was awesome. Second time round the procedure had advanced significantly and i drove home after! They didn't make it super vision as it didn't have the same pullback anymore.

I didn't wear glasses beforehand due to denial or vanity or whatever but i did need them. I couldn't read the menu behind the cashiers in fast food outlets!

14 years later i have 20/20 vision, best thing i ever did, i used to play in the 6's for my cricket club(prior to operation) , this season i played in the 1's premiership! It amazing how much difference being able to see the ball makes!

cheers

BT

Best money I've ever spent, had Lasek done. Takes a little longer to recover than Lasik, but if you play physical sports it's the better option.

Now my eyes are better than 20/20, I can read 20/15 and a few letters in 20/10.

I had some problems with haze in my right eye (still not 100%) and triple vision in my left eye, but these have cleared away after 8 months.

Once again...BEST MONEY SPENT EVER!!!

So MARKO for 8 months were you in a state of panic or anger?
Driving must have been exciting?
I would be interested in your reactions before everything settled down after 8 months.......which is a helluve a long time.

What was your spectacle prescription before hand as I am +5 with astigmatism and at the far end of what can be done I believe.

Last edited:
Are you a candidate for lens replacement Redsquash?

Due to scaring from an ulcer (from my contact lens) my eye was not suitable for any type of laser. I had a lens replacement in that eye (same as cataract treatment). I have to say it was far more "enjoyable" than laser surgery, which I had done to the other eye after. It is due to this scaring that I wear glasses whilst driving at night as I now have mono vision.

I met a few others in hospital who were not candidates for laser due to astigmatism etc and like me, thought it was just fantastic to have "normal" vision again.

I remember arriving home from surgery after having the lens replacement and noticing the leaves on the roof of our house (we had a very long driveway). It was a wow look what I can see moment..

Sunshine

Back