Laser Eye Surgery

Anyone who is considering having this done, I strongly recommend you checkout Monovision (having your dominant eye corrected to 0, and your non-dominant eye either left at -1.0 or -2.0 or corrected to this if worse).

Getting both eyes lasered will not prevent Presbyopia as the eyes age (loss of near vision).

If your aim is to live as long as possible without the need for any glasses at all (distance or near vision), monovision will give you that (at a cost of only having 95% of your potential best distance vision).

Consider how many years you are from now until 45 (when most people need reading glasses), then 45 until the expected age limit. Also consider the number of near vision tasks you do - eating, checking your phone, reading a PC screen, etc.

Not to mention it's half price for many, which is why many places won't tell you about it :)

Hey David

This is what I've just booked myself in for and looking forward to it- I am short-sighted and am really over the whole glasses wearing for anything past my TV screen! Forgetting where I've left my glasses and then not being able to drive is a real PITA and monovision is going to be the best option for me too. Having the surgery end of next mth and will let you all know how it goes :)

Cost isn't unreasonable at just over $1200 per eye either....

Back