Anyone heard of Holroyd?

Is chimney a problem for IP?

I want to buy an IP. Last week I inspected an apartment located in Holroyd garden. 100 years ago, there were brickworks; nowadays there are a few chimneys left. Generally, the environment is good, but there is a huge chimney which is just about 8 m in front of this apartment, and is about the same height of this 7 level apartment.
Do you guys think it is a big problem? Any effect for finding tenants in the future?
http://images.domain.com.au/img/2008124/7984/2007460389_1_FS.JPG?mod=081204-1133

Last edited:
Have heard of Holroyd. It has good proximity to Parramatta, over the other side of the M4 though. No train station there, its between Granville and Merrylands stations.

I'd research how many other apartment blocks have gone up like that, are there alot? Is this one unique in any way?

There are not so many other apartment blocks there. What I am worrying about is there is a chimney there which affects the view and tenants might not like it

It looks a bit more than 8m and is hardly going to impede anyones view. It adds some character to the area along with other parts of the brickworks that remain in that estate. Some tenants will like it and some won't....same goes with potential buyers. The same applies to aspects of every property.

Back