Anyone heard of Prosperity Property Advisers, Canberra??

G'day fellow investors,

I'm Matt and new to this forum and in the process of educating myself about property investment, before taking the next step.

I stumbled accross a group called Prosperity Property Advisers in Canberra.... has anyone heard of them or had any experience dealing with them?

If so, what was your experience like?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Matt

While it looks OK, I'd prefer to see a financial adviser who doesn't just deal with one asset class. Many don't deal with property- these appear to deal exclusively in property.

Reading their bio's from their website, they don't seem to have much property qualifications/experience at all. not sure why I'd choose them over the 1000's of other companies out there.

Hi Matty

Welcome aboard :)

I haven't heard of them.

What were you planning on getting out of using them?

Generally speaking - with property investing, you need a decent finance person, accountant, solicitor and possibly a buyers agent. If you can source these independently yourself - then that limits any conflict of interest which can sometimes be present in the "one stop shop" model.

Cheers

Jamie

G'day guys,

Scott no mates - No they're not independant, they do get 3% commission on every sale, but they are up front about that. They have a network setup with builders, finance adviser, property manager etc, they say they get 3% from the builder and that's it, no kickbacks from other service providers....I'm a bit suss about that....and still feeling them out.

SIMTR - I wouldn't neccessarily choose them over any others, I'm in the research and learning phase before purchasing my first IP, I stumbled accross an advert for them, so thought I'd suss em out and hear what they had to say. I went to a seminar and had a free appointment to learn about them, they basically sell two products, a DIY investment property kit and "Turn Key" investment properites located in hot spots that they've identified all around Aus, they get their 3% on that arrangement. Their selling point is, that they do all the Due Dilligence, line you up with a trusted financial adviser and a trusted propery manager and basically take the pain out of doing all that stuff yourself. Sounds attractive, especially if one is looking to invest interstate, however, I'm quite sceptical. They say they've only been in business 5 yrs, are ex builders apparently....Anyway, I have another free appointment this Wednesday, so will suss them out further and see what else they have to say...

Jamie M - At this stage, I'm planning on gaining as much free knowledge from them as possible, while sussing them out at the same time. As I said earlier, I'm in the researching phase, so I'm taking info from them and comparing to what I'm learning else where and seeing if it stacks up - By the way - If anyone can reccommemd any other reputible Canberra mobs in the investment property space, I'm all ears:) I'm ready to invest and really keen to get off on the right track!

Thanks everyone for your input, it's appreciated!

G'day fellow investors,

I'm Matt and new to this forum and in the process of educating myself about property investment, before taking the next step.

I stumbled accross a group called Prosperity Property Advisers in Canberra.... has anyone heard of them or had any experience dealing with them?

If so, what was your experience like?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Matt

This was a fellow formite investor.
http://executivewomencoaches.com/2011/06/30/dr-xenia-ioannou-interview-her-inner-journey-to-wealth/

I think posted mainly on Steve McK site, she (aka Dr Xenia) has used them and highly recommended this group.
I also believe they purchase commercial property. Think the Directors are also successful investors.

Ask them for recent property purchases for their clients, based on various strategies, see what they come up with. Testimonials are a dime a dozen unfortunately.

Hi Matty

Welcome aboard :)

I haven't heard of them.

What were you planning on getting out of using them?

Generally speaking - with property investing, you need a decent finance person, accountant, solicitor and possibly a buyers agent. If you can source these independently yourself - then that limits any conflict of interest which can sometimes be present in the "one stop shop" model.

Cheers

Jamie

Ditto what Jamie says. Where kickbacks or commissions are involved, always bear in mind that this usually involves some form of conflict of interest. I'd also be asking how such a company "identifies hotspots" as you can be sure the developments they're flogging are surprisingly only going to exist in such hotspots :D... read the fine print and ask lots of questions.

If you're after an ACT BA look out for Tom Duffy- fellow REBAA member and 100% independent. http://rebaa.com.au/member/canberra-property-buyer-solutions/

Best of luck in your quest- I hear Canberra is a tricky market to understand at times!

Back