Anyone interested in selling a one off TICA check?

G'day all,

After getting the idea from another thread, does anyone have a TICA check that they are willing to sell? My basic checks of the TICA website indicate that searches a purchased as a pack of 10 searches. I only need one to be done on a previous defaulting tenant. If a casual user has one spare, I'm happy to swing some money your way for the check. Just send me a PM if you're interested.

Cheers
Risky

Hi Risky,

Send me an email to [email protected] and I will check with the Property Manager if we are allowed to do it on your behalf, we subscribe to both the main checkers including TICA so shouldnt be a problem.

Cheers

Ben

I'm back in the market to buy a one off TICA check.

Unfortunately Ben was unable to help me.

My intent for a TICA check is to find out more about a previous defaulting tenant. The property was managed by a REA.

I want to know what was/is listed on TICA for the defaulting tenant.
What the last application for a residency was, and any extra info that I can get.

Cheers
Risky

I'm back in the market to buy a one off TICA check.

Unfortunately Ben was unable to help me.

My intent for a TICA check is to find out more about a previous defaulting tenant. The property was managed by a REA.

I want to know what was/is listed on TICA for the defaulting tenant.
What the last application for a residency was, and any extra info that I can get.

Cheers
Risky

I can't say for sure but my guess is there are likely to be privacy issues here. I would presume that anyone with a TICA account would have to comply by their (TICA's) privacy policy, and for that reason would not be allowed to use it in this fashion. Someone with an account would probably know better as Imay be wrong. This area has definitely come under a fair bit of legislative scrutiny in the past.

I think that may be the case.

I know I give my potential tenants a form that's supplied, asking them to sign, giving me permission to check them out on Tica.

They might be packs of 10, but they're cheap (under $100 I think) and have no expiry date that I'm aware of.

Thanks for responding guys,

It sounds like I might need to contact TICA direct and ask a couple of questions. I am actually unfamiliar with what info a TICA check can provide.

It was the post by username TICA on here that made me think of its application. This is a copy and paste of a recent posting by TICA. I have sent a private message but unfortunately no response yet.

Is your office a member of TICA?

If the answer is yes, you should take a look at the enquiries database, it will advise you if the tenant has applied for a property through another TICA member office. Once you have information of who they applied to you can contact the office and ask them for the tenants current address.

Regards,
TICA

www.tica.com.au

Back