Anyone read Money Morning prop' outlook !

I'm not trying to be a d&g here but we are looking right now for our own place and what the hell to do with the latest price spike due to FHG !
Where I am, Vic , cheaper brackets have definitely spiked in prices and movement all over again .

Money Morning don't give a very nice outlook , so if you were to rush in right now and they're right . Plus we hold two cheapies so combined if things take Money Morning's route and we go paying too much for our own place right now on top of that - could get fugly .

The thing is, they use an Oz housing price and movement chart, imposed over the US same and going back to the 1880's, not just some 20 yr garbage.
I'd put the chart in but it won't work so if anybody can get it into thread , appreciated .

But the problem is in buying anything right now, according to the chart it doesn't matter who or what you want to listen to it's all right there in black and white.

-The biggest Oz house spike rampage in our history - 4 fold any other , ever .

- Despite what anyone says our house prices have dropped nearly every time following most major previous spikes. Only this spike just like our stock market over recent yrs is no ordinary spike, it's massively out of proportion.
Which explains how you could say , buy a great house 8k from CBD Brissy , for 80k only 10 yrs ago yet the same now is 400 to 500k = 5x in only 10 yrs.

- Then, our stuff has basically followed the US , give or take , for 100 yrs only this time our spike was 'triple' theirs and our next movement is roughly two yrs behind theirs .

Has anybody seen the chart and ready Money Mornings outlook ?

Cheers [ I think ! ]

i dont buy magazines but i am always of the opinion that house prices here will be affected way more over the coming years when inflation kicks in along with quick interest rate spikes.........it must happen down the track so until i see clear signs of unemployment settling and reducing, inflation starting to kick in there is absolutely no rush for me.

having said that changes to the national building code coming up will add approx $10k to an average new house with the "green theme" getting more serious...food for thought no matter what each individual does...

The thing is, they use an Oz housing price and movement chart, imposed over the US same and going back to the 1880's, not just some 20 yr garbage.
I'd put the chart in but it won't work so if anybody can get it into thread , appreciated .

Haven't seen the one from money morning but I have few chart on US going a long way back I'm attaching.
you can see home prices hold value very well through history even during great depression and wars (when you get a fair price for it)
I'll point out before someone else does that Australia is different then US (population increase, legislation, etc.)

US housing-history explanation.jpg
USA housing chart.gif
US home prices 40yrs.gif
EDIT: the thing about Australia is that there is no official home prices record before the early 70's and home prices going before then are not scientific enough for many (like Shadow ;-)

Sorry if it has been dissected here already , gonna take awhile to go through that thread .
Also not sure if the report I read is in that lot ' what every Australian needs to know about the coming second wave of the credit crisis ' or something like that!

Thanks for those charts to guys , also gonna take awhile so I'll be back on that one.
But I also read out records didn't go that far back and wondered myself. Maybe they've constructed it on whatever else was available which is doable but it's only worth salt if it's accurate isn't it.

I'll be back.
Cheers

Back