anyone used barclays go-after-non-paying-tenants-service?

have talked to this mob. apparently, for $44/yr if managed by an agent or $88/yr if self managed, this mob will pursue your non-paying tenant for up to 10 years for the unpaid rent. sounds worth the personal satisfaction if nothing else? wondered if anyone had used them?

What language do barclays speak ??

Having just watched "Lock, Stock and two smoking barrels" today, I am reminded that some people speak a language and operate in a world that does not involve letters, more letters, yet more solicitors letters and submissive submissions to tribunal members to pontificate over.

If barclays spoke the same language as the people who defaulted, I'd be interested.

If barclays spoke my language, I wouldn't be interested....cos I can write poxy letters that get torn up in yer face just as good and just as quick as the lady next door.

I use Barclay MIS personally and promote it to my clients. I think their $44 per year plan is incredible value, however most of my clients do not use it, as they have a "it will never happen to me" attitude. Actually taking one step back, good old landlord insurance only has a 45% take up rate.

Barclays has been successful in around 30% of my judgements. Of those successes, around 25% come in a lump sum, the balance in instalments, usually funded through Centrelink.

I use them because I dont like tenants getting away with stuff scot-free, and like the idea that someone else is chasing them besides me.

Every now and then I send them an update, like when I spotted an ex-tenant in a shopping centre and tailed them home.

Burbs.

i have no idea what language they use but the personal satisfaction of putting some bulldogs after a non-payer is a delightful idea. doesn't matter to me how much angst they get trying to recover.

one of my pet grizzles is the way the system is so skewed towards the tenant's favour. is this one way to take back some 'control' of our properties?

as i've said before, dazz, residential tenancy in oz needs someone with an axe to grind, plenty of time and the ability to write well, lobby etc, to form a group to buccaneer for the poor old underrepresented landlords. we quietly keep on taking $#%@ and wearing the cost but none of us has the time/inclination/political voice to do anything about it.

someone with an ascerbic wit, a good mind and plenty of experience could channel their energies to a very worthwhile cause.......

Good luck trying to find the right person for the job graisme.

To my mind there is not enough money involved, so I dropped the game years ago.

With Tenant Union's in almost all states making grumbling noises about going the other way, and giving yet more powers to the Tenants via RTA proposed changes, I reckon it is headed in the opposite direction to what you wish for.

I reckon your first task will be to stop the momentum going the other way first, before even looking at trying to claw back some of the powers held by Landlords. You're on a hiding to nowhere IMO.

Good luck trying to find the right person for the job graisme.

Awww, c'mon Dazz! What choice is there - soak up the sun at some French chateau or take on the Tenant's union/s? Which would be more fun? A chance to "give back" to society?

You know you want to!

:)

I use Barclay MIS personally and promote it to my clients. I think their $44 per year plan is incredible value, however most of my clients do not use it, as they have a "it will never happen to me" attitude. Actually taking one step back, good old landlord insurance only has a 45% take up rate.

Barclays has been successful in around 30% of my judgements. Of those successes, around 25% come in a lump sum, the balance in instalments, usually funded through Centrelink.

I use them because I dont like tenants getting away with stuff scot-free, and like the idea that someone else is chasing them besides me.

Every now and then I send them an update, like when I spotted an ex-tenant in a shopping centre and tailed them home.

Burbs.

I would love you as my PM! :p Seriously.

Back