Anyone used Corpred for depreciation schedule?

Looked at them quite a while ago...website put me off as looking tacky...and the 'Limited Time Specials' have been going for quite a long time...i'd also suggest that with their Gold package deal, a qualified QS does not actually attend on site

Yep, we've got a guy in Canberra.

But we'll always be more expensive than people like Corpred, Deppro etc. It would be churlish of me to explain why.

Hi Depreciator,

I'm looking for value for money - not necessarily the cheapest.

I understand that the more affordable option which involves me providing information/photos to the company (corpred) who then create the schedule may result in a schedule that omits a number of depreciable items (which may have been picked up if a surveyor visited the property).

Are there any other issues I should be wary of?

In short, the advice I got from them was:

IP 1 - 40 year old, renovated 2 br unit (new kitchen, paint, vanity, bathroom cupboards) - $3,200 minimum depreciation in first calendar year.

IP 2 - 50 year old, 3 br house (1 bath) 100m2 living, 5 year old kitchen, renovated bathroom (5 years old) - $3,800 minimum depreciation in first calendar year.

IP 3 - 4 year old townhouse, two story, 3-2-2 (140m2 living) - $5k minimum depreciation in first calendar year (seems low compared to older properties above getting $3k+)

Cheers,

Jamie

Then maybe cheapest option is best?

What tax bracket are you in? Taking IP1 and assuming 30% tax bracket...

0.3*$3,800 = $1,140 saving - if that's the case, anything less then that is a good deal but you don't want to erode all of the gains on the schedule

Every schedule we've had done has always been an on-site visit. And, from decaying memory, I think we've usually paid $250-$300. That well and truly pays for itself in the first year!

Our last one in Geelong, I just got a number from the yellowpages. Turned out to be a Melbourne firm with an agent in Geelong. We were very happy with them.

FWIW, have also used Washington Brown in the past and were happy with them too.

Thanks guys,

The depreciation schedules that I'm looking at getting are $199 each (I supply them with info/photos though).

Do the amounts to be depreciated for the 3 IPs seem accurate? (I realise I've given bugger all info).

I haven't purchased a depreciation schedule before (only purchased my first IP in Sept 09).

Cheers,

Jamie

Competitive prices, good service, rapid responses and detail reports.
Had them do about a dozen for me - Would recommend.
A.

I'm thinking about getting three schedules done before end of financial year and their rates seem pretty competitive. - http://www.corpred.com.au/

i used them on a couple of IPs not bad - depreciation of about 3-4K a year on each apartment when i had those Ips.

they got a guy come out to assess take photos and then you get the report with a ATO compliant cert etc etc. i send them to my accountant and they take care of the rest.

Back