ANZ moves .27%

Not sure if I'm missing something but the 3yrs fixed seems pretty ordinary looking at the comparison rate compared to the variable. :confused:

3yrs fixed = 6.12 - 0.15 discount = 5.97%
Variable = 6.50 - 0.60 discount = 5.90%

For loans above $250k

I'll be sticking with the variable thanks.. considering all the talk of rates dropping further. I just hope Liberal doesn't get the economy booming again too soon ;)

Beside reading the comparison rate have you read what comparison rate refers to?

Usually the comparison rate isn't relevant.

so am curious.... if you go thru a new loan application and you fail, what happens? does it stay on the old loan or do they call it in?

In theory they could, as you havent advised them of a material change to your cirecumstances, as stipulated in the loan offer, in practice they dont, just leave you sitting in the old loan till your circumstances change, you refinance, or you go into arrears.

Lol this is just a gimmick. They will adjust their discount rates accordingly.

I get 1% discount off anz variable rates which I'm pretty happy with esp. now that they have dropped their base rates, after disc this equates to 5.13% for a variable loan. Has anyone able to get more than 1% disc with anz ?

I was getting 0.9% disc with nab which was good when they had the lowest base rates, but now not so good.

What have been your experiences negotiating with nab? I do find that their valuations also come in very conservative when compared to anz which is another deciding factor for me.

Can I ask what the total loan amount is that you have with ANZ?

I've just been offered 0.9% off with ANZ and about to see if Nab (current lender) can match that.. My total loan size is about $800k. Maybe I could get more?

I get 1% discount off anz variable rates which I'm pretty happy with esp. now that they have dropped their base rates, after disc this equates to 5.13% for a variable loan. Has anyone able to get more than 1% disc with anz ?

I was getting 0.9% disc with nab which was good when they had the lowest base rates, but now not so good.

What have been your experiences negotiating with nab? I do find that their valuations also come in very conservative when compared to anz which is another deciding factor for me.

NAB and ANZ both use RPdata/valex for external valuations. NAB does have internal valuers as well. my past experience the nab internal valuers have been better

Can I ask what the total loan amount is that you have with ANZ?

I've just been offered 0.9% off with ANZ and about to see if Nab (current lender) can match that.. My total loan size is about $800k. Maybe I could get more?

you should be able to get that with most of the majors.

Back