ANZ Property Outlook

Each month I put together a quick overview and summary of the main property magazines etc and I also pass on access to reports etc that are not always publicly available.

Like the ANZ Property Outlook which obviously has had lots of media coverage in the last week or so but is limited in distribution and difficult to access. But where there is a will there is a way...

This report has a great economy overview and some thoughts on where to invest in 2012.

You can access it at http://yourpropertysuccess.com.au/your-property-success-toolbox/

This Toolbox resource is free, you can sign up if you want to be notified of the next updated Toolbox and yes there is further online education (free and paid) through the Your Property Success website, but I promise if you sign up you won't be blasted weekly with any info on those.

I know how hard it is as an investor to be across everything and this is just another tool for your tool box of resources to increase your knowledge and reduce the risks associated with investing. So there is nothing sneaky here, it is your choice if you want to check it out, but I do encourage you to read the ANZ report if you are making plans to buy in 2012, and check back mid month to see the next updated Toolbox.

Seasons Greetings

Jane (aka Buzz - 'Too Infinity a Beyond')
http://www.facebook.com/YourPropertySuccess

Interesting comments in the ANZ Property Outlook for all of those still sticking with the "property is overvalued" line -

"The median house price has risen by almost 6 times from $93,000 in 1986 to $550,000 now. Over the same period, average household incomes rose by 3.5 times. Simply using the house price to income ratio, many analysts conclude that Australian house prices are currently 40-50% overvalued relative to the 1980s.
However, when the halving of mortgages is taken into account, the average household's purchasing power over the median priced home is almost exactly the same as it was in the mid 1980's."

Haha, yes... it's always good to take investment advice from the banks who have absolutely no interest in people borrowing more and more credit. Absolutely no interest whatsoever.

Interesting comments in the ANZ Property Outlook for all of those still sticking with the "property is overvalued" line -

"The median house price has risen by almost 6 times from $93,000 in 1986 to $550,000 now. Over the same period, average household incomes rose by 3.5 times. Simply using the house price to income ratio, many analysts conclude that Australian house prices are currently 40-50% overvalued relative to the 1980s.
However, when the halving of mortgages is taken into account, the average household's purchasing power over the median priced home is almost exactly the same as it was in the mid 1980's."

Indeed. The march towards ZIRP has kept Australian houses "affordable" as we offset larger mortgages for lower interest payments, thus keeping repayments at similar proportions of our income. What happens though when we get to the ZIRP mortgage rate floor?

Haha, yes... it's always good to take investment advice from the banks who have absolutely no interest in people borrowing more and more credit. Absolutely no interest whatsoever.

Isn't there a cranky renters forum you should be posting on.....?

Your opinions might be better received there.

Like the ANZ Property Outlook which obviously has had lots of media coverage in the last week or so but is limited in distribution and difficult to access. But where there is a will there is a way...

Jane (aka Buzz - 'Too Infinity a Beyond')
http://www.facebook.com/YourPropertySuccess

ANZ's property publications can also be found on the ANZ website under the 'Corporate" tab;

http://anz.com.au/corporate/research/australian-industry-economics/australian-property-outlook/

well, if you know where the bank is keen to lend money into, you would naturally look for deals in those areas....no?

i mean, you want money....they want money.....:confused:

That quote was referring to households now not having an option other than to rely on two incomes to service the median mortgage, which only took one income in the 1980s. And that's ok as long as no one wants to stay at home with the kids.

I await the property spruikers' next statistical trick to reassure us that property is still as cheap as 30 years ago.

That quote was referring to households now not having an option other than to rely on two incomes to service the median mortgage, which only took one income in the 1980s. And that's ok as long as no one wants to stay at home with the kids.

I await the property spruikers' next statistical trick to reassure us that property is still as cheap as 30 years ago.

Where on earth does it state that?????:confused:

The part of the article I referred to simply talked about purchasing power (combined household incomes with a structural decline in the cost of borrowing) versus median home prices - no mention of single / double incomes....

Then you either buy one below medium (doesn't have to be a slum) ... it's all about life choice.

Back