anz

I got a good modelled estimate from ANZ on one of my properties, prob a touch over my asking price if i were to sell, I redraw up to 80% lvr ( i believe i can go to 90% if required) which helped fund prop 3.

Issue is I hate the bank,they text me last week I hadnt paid my mortgage, i had changed the direct debit details, They didnt update, guess what, it came out twice - pathetic. Theres a few other mistakes they make. I tried to bill them $100 for lost wages for wasting my time but that went down like a lead balloon on a previous mistake

I tried to argue with them on rate but got nothing. I tried for the 1.1% discount that BOM were offering, they said your on 1.0% cant do much better. The tone of the person was almost condicending.

Any other comments, do I just stick to it with them??

My overall goal is to build a large portfolio, Do I use them gain for purchases, or a combination of other lenders?

Any good/bad experiences with ANZ

Don't worry about these sorts of things, they happen with every bank.

Just get what you can and go to whichever lender serves you best.

Shane it sounds like you are a lot like me mate. I HATE feeling like I'm getting f*&ked over by anyone, even if it's for a (normally) insignificant amount. I have wasted a huge amount of time on fighting companies to get what I thought was "fair". It used to enrage my wife when I went after everyone instead of just letting things go occasionally.

I have learnt over time sometimes it's not worth it. With banks specifically, in my experience (and I have dealt with ANZ, NAB, CBA and St George more than once each in the last two years) they are more similar than different.

I have dealt with ANZ more than any of the others, and I have to say my experience with them has been better than the others. If they are handing coin over, don't fart around changing banks. The only outcome is more frustration to you.

Cheers,

Gents,
Thanks for the responses
It does just pi$$ me off a little
You are all right, look for the deal, the bank is secondary and just a resource to get the deal done, and ultimate the destination

ANZ is giving me 1% discount. So they are the best bank in the world to me :)

Last month I requested a replacement card. They sent it to my wife's old address. She lived there 10 years ago. Make it worse it is in a different state!

ANZ is giving me 1% discount. So they are the best bank in the world to me :)

Last month I requested a replacement card. They sent it to my wife's old address. She lived there 10 years ago. Make it worse it is in a different state!

Hope it wasn't one of those swipe and pay types??

I had bad experiences with ANZ, primarily their lack of brains and usefulness.

That said, my main bank St George is really slipping these days too.

The service has little to do with the bank and more to do with who you're dealing with from the bank.

Discount of 1% is good if the service is good 0.1% wouldnt matter.

I had bad experiences with ANZ, primarily their lack of brains and usefulness.

That said, my main bank St George is really slipping these days too.

They're all as crap as each other. At the end of the day you're just a number on a screen to them and so is your balance with them.

As Brady said, depends who you get through to. All of them have equal ratio of positive and negative IQ holders.

my main bank St George is really slipping these days too.

I was in a branch last week and the teller was chewing gum while talking to me. Her overall attitude was "couldn't give a rats".

Felt like grabbing her by the throat, forcing her to spit the gum out and telling her to take better acting classes on how to appear interested.

Totally agree.

There are good and bad aspects of every lender it just all boils down to who you you deal with and who is making the credit decision.

Some are worse than others but i wouldn't say Anz was one of them.

Luck of the draw as you get some great operators and some not so great.

Get your broker to sort it out, that's what they get trail for :p

Did I let the cat out of the bag???

They've been slipping since WBC bought them.

I used to be a big supporter of the bank but now am reluctant to recommend them

They have the honour of being the first bank in years that we've had to send a full dispute to over refund of interest due to missing settlement dates. And this was not an insignificant amount.

Cheap rates might be one thing but I cant sing them any praises right now.

ANZ are my most commonly used bank for my finance broking clients. I find them very good. Excellent with settlements at the last min when documents have gone missing in the post.

Also use them on a regular basis.

BDM support is excellent which makes all the difference when sorting the inevitable issues that arise.

Few system clunks but also find they are open to suggestions.

Back