Applying for properties that state 'no pets allowed'

Is it worth applying for properties that state, 'no pets allowed' if you have outdoor pets or would it just be a waste of time. I'm noticing some properties sitting vacant stating that. Was wondering if it's worth offering an extra $10 a week or something. Thanks

There is no harm in asking.
Do you have references?

If your pet destroys the back yard, it will probably be damage of around $1K in total so if you were genuine in saying that your pet stays outdoors and are willing to pay extra then it could make all the difference.

However, some pet owners say that their pet stays outdoors and we later find out that it also comes indoors and other tenants may say that they have a little dog which later transforms to a German Shepard.

In other words, its hard to believe people these days so if you have references in addition to the references supplied by your current property manager it wouldn't hurt to supply them

I've been an owner occupier all my life. I was thinking of taking photo's of my yard, which will be a rental property. The only damage is dead patches where they go to the toilet.

I've been an owner occupier all my life. I was thinking of taking photo's of my yard, which will be a rental property. The only damage is dead patches where they go to the toilet.

It depends on the dog, some will dig up the whole yard

If you are able to convince a LL to allow your pet, I suggest you do not add to the "pet family" without written permission from the LL.

Researching tribunal decisions..a tenant was given permission to keep their old cat. Then the cat died. A few months later, without permission, they obtain 2 kittens.

The judge ordered one kitten to be removed.

A lot of Pm will not put pets on the script’s but have on their agreement with the landlord that pets are on application only.

I would call the pm and ask they should let you know if you should apply

also you can now give a pet bond to cover any damage and is a sign of good will on your behalf

it is also good practice to get a pet reference from your current landlord

or if you are an Owner that is moving into a rental get your rental agency of sales agency to write you a letter about the pet and the condition you leave the house.

should help

A lot of Pm will not put pets on the script’s but have on their agreement with the landlord that pets are on application only.

also you can now give a pet bond to cover any damage and is a sign of good will on your behalf

or if you are an Owner that is moving into a rental get your rental agency of sales agency to write you a letter about the pet and the condition you leave the house.

should help

On our leases, the pets and their names are added.
We also have the right to have them removed at any time, if they are not well behaved.

should help

Thanks for advice. I spoke with a Bris PM today and she said they would check with the Perth PM that I will have managing my PPOR as to the condition of it as a reference.

I rented a property in QLD advertised as 'no pets allowed'. I offered an additional $20 per week and a pet bond of $3000. I stayed there for 2 years and when i left i got the pet bond back in full.

Money talks and BS walks in this instance. If my dog had misbehaved the pet bond would have covered landscaping and carpet replacement.

Slightly off topic..In Canada, in my province, we hold onto the bond (we call it Security Deposit) personally. We also have to pay interest..at the moment 1 %.
We are also not permitted to have our bond be any more than 1/2 months rent.We are not permitted to ask for a separate pet bond.

Do tenants get interest paid on bond?

think about this all the rent money that agents hold for owners in Australia is held by the Government who collect interest on it. that must work out to be a lot of interest pa

Back