Are investors bad employees

2. Unless the spiritual lesson is learnt, the trials will repeat itself again in our lives at different times again, given different circumstances and with new people etc in order to help us learn what we need to learn in life.
Kenneth KOH

Wouldn't it be awful if the universe said we were too stupid to learn it after the first lesson, and we never got another opportunity.

Aren't we blessed that we are given so many opportunities to practise, so that we can finally get it right!

Dear Sailor,

1. I fully agree with you.

2. I am also much humbled by your present level of positive-mindedness and optimism, and I am sure I have a lot more to learn from you further in due course.

3. As I begin to learn and understand some of these life lessons and spirituals truths myself, I am also learning to put into practice some of the life lessons which I have learnt for myself, on a daily basis.

4. I begin to find new challenges in my everyday life. They are new like the dew, every morning and every hour so much so I know I still have a lot more to learn about life and about living it out successfully, the way I will want to live it, to the best of my own abilities.

5. Thank you.

Cheers,
Kenneth KOH

I thought it was a nice try too Jared! Anyway hooray for me today I asked the boss for a pay rise and he gave it to me, not massive but a little victory to make me feel good nevertheless! No doubt it will help me put up with him a bit longer!

Sparky

Dear Jared,

1. If I am in your case, I will reflect and ask myself this question, "Have I found the right challenging job in the first place where I can contribute effectively with my marco thinking skills/"bigger picture outlook"?

Cheers,
Kenneth KOH

Dear Kenneth,

You are indeed a very wise man and following your above post I have taken the time to ask myself this very question.

The answer is that yes, Landscaping is the profession for me, or when the body gives out, some other form of creativity.

The obvious outcome from all of this is that I have such high standards that I am perhaps unemployable within this profession. The solution to start my own concern again or find another field of employment that I find a challenge.

I thank you for your posts Kenneth........I am a better man for reading them.

Cheers

Jared :)

I thought it was a nice try too Jared! Anyway hooray for me today I asked the boss for a pay rise and he gave it to me, not massive but a little victory to make me feel good nevertheless! No doubt it will help me put up with him a bit longer!

Sparky

Congratulations Sparky!!!! :)

Cheers

Jared

I suggest the following rules (two sides of the same coin):

* The more insecure you are, the more likely you are to put up with a bad boss and unreasonable demands.

* The more secure you are, the more likely you are to be either (i) a clockwatching 'good enougher' (who knows exactly what is required of the job, fulfils this bare minimum and no more, while having an intimate knowledge of leave entitlements and sticking up to the boss if you don't get them)

These are obviously generalisations, as anyone who works for Macquarie Bank would testify.

Investors are good employees

In my opinion investors are GOOD employers, because they have what only 5% of people have "GUTS" Genuine Urge to Suceed"
I feel if at work you continue to brag to others about your success, it will result in your workmates bagging you and trying to bring you down to their pathetic level. I work for a small business and i find that i get very little appreciation of my efforts, in the past i have been a victim of severe workplace harassment. On lodging an official complaint, i was told don't do that or else your fired, highly illegal. even though I'm constantly busy working, for the four partners that employ me. Others i work with spend time on the internet (non work related) personal phone calls and avoiding doing work most of the time, plus stealing everything they can find. The other employers have found out about my investing and constantly go on about how interest rates are going up, property is going down, investors cheat on their tax and landlords are SCUM. Its the motivation i need, I'm longing for "you can stick your Job day!!! " I run my investments from home in my own time, and put in an honest days work. I'm better than the Labor party voters that think this Country owes them everything for nothing.

Hi Biskoss,

I know how I was perceived by this lot. I was working too hard, doing more than was required and showing them up for a bunch of slackers. They didn't like it......they wanted the cruise control approach. Fine for them. I don't work that way.

Goldminer,

Well said! i feel the exact same way.. and hear the same comments from my colleagues at my job as well!

Im biding my time and also longing for "you can stick your Job day!!!" .
Im pumped! :D

Goldminer said:
In my opinion investors are GOOD employers, because they have what only 5% of people have "GUTS" Genuine Urge to Suceed" .

No doubt some are. But some aren't. We've seen from this thread that timeservers may be both investors and non-investors.

The only difference is that the non-investors need to wait until they're 65, whereas the investors only work to grow their leveraged investments so may be able to get out sooner.

People can be multi-polar; ie they might apply 'GUTS' to some aspects of their life and not others. Consider the famous people who have been bad fathers, mothers, wives, husbands, etc. Or the big earners off tennis, golf or Hollywood who have no money as the can't manage their money.

Performance in one area may not necessarily translate into doing well all-round; indeed it could indicate unbalance and the reverse. For this reason I would oppose assertions that investors necessarily make good employees - I've previously given reasons (relating to security) that in the wrong hands may make them poor employees.

Peter

RJ, I'm curious. Would you feel the same way about your job if, say, your pay doubled? I'm just wondering whether there's an emotional cut-off point when people start to think 'yeah, I don't like my job, but the money.......'
Alex

RJ, I'm curious. Would you feel the same way about your job if, say, your pay doubled? I'm just wondering whether there's an emotional cut-off point when people start to think 'yeah, I don't like my job, but the money.......'

I got a pay rise last week (10%). My enthusiasm lasted about 2 days, then things returned back to normal. I realised that although the pay was better, the work was still the same :mad: If my pay was doubled I guess my enthusiasm would last a bit longer but at the end of the day if you hate your job, you hate it! :D No amount of money will make you enjoy it. It may however make you put up with it a little longer, which is currently the case for me.

Cheers,
Ozi

Actually, now that I think about it I'm a bit of a anti-worker sometimes. Sometimes, it really bugs me that if you try and work hard, you can annoy other people who want to have an easy ride.

In a sense, we all have this emotional cut-off point as discussed, where we just work for the pay.

I wonder about this: we can all imagine a workplace where it is cohesive, where everyone is driven, where everyone gets along, where our work is satisfying. I think I'm starting to give up on this... The question is, is it worth it?

Yet another point of view, I think investors would make bad workers in a sense, but they would make great leaders/managers. Reason being:
-investors know how to bargain
-investors know how to get things done (e.g. push slack agents, solicitors, etc. to get things done by a deadline)
-investors know how the world works better
-investors are more driven and focused
-investors also know how to relax/take it easy as much as anyone else (AND get the work done)

so, is the lesson for investors -> go to managerial positions?

It's getting TO management that involves years of BS and politics, which personally I'm not willing to do. I'll probably make junior manager on ability alone, but to go any further would involve stuff I don't want to do.

As for investors being good managers.... believe me, being a manager has its own problems. You're still going to look around and see others managers (and levels above you) resting on their fat hinies while you do the work.
Alex

Alex

Mate I couldnt give a rats **** if they paid me $200,000 a year. Id still feel the same. It gets to the point of not being about the money - but moreso about self reward and personal satisfaction.

Something a JOB will never bring.

RJ

Back