are these townies good value (western sydney)

only started looking a few weeks ago around the kingswood / cambridge park area

there is, or was, about 5 for sale around the 300 mark (all under offer). they seem reasonably good value relative to whats else was on the market..given the 4 beddies

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-townhouse-nsw-cambridge+park-113150327

just trying to get a better understanding of fair value ... i realise its a bit hard with just pics..

i did like the look of this one on the same street

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-townhouse-nsw-cambridge+park-113148039

I agree, Houses are much better for capital growth and rent

I am guessing esh's post above refers to land content and the concept of "land appreciates, building depreciates" in the same street/suburb... Is there a general consensus for it?

Its more than that. This is certainly not a blanket description of all units but you tend to amputate the ability to do something more with a unit than a house such as extension, renovation (to a degree), subdivision, creation of dual income, etc.

Day by Day we are losing land but seeing more units. This is clearly evident in Sydney.

Regards

Shahin

Its more than that. This is certainly not a blanket description of all units but you tend to amputate the ability to do something more with a unit than a house such as extension, renovation (to a degree), subdivision, creation of dual income, etc.

Day by Day we are losing land but seeing more units. This is clearly evident in Sydney.

Regards

Shahin

Thank you, Shahin!

thanks for the replies

it is for investment...and admittedly im very undecided...was originally going to get a house and add a granny later on...then started looking at newer townies..due to tax benefits, bit easier etc..(yeh i know, never buy purely for tax reasons)...i am in it for gains though

back to drawing board...might have to hit up a buyers agent :/

If buying a townhouse is in line with your strategy, then go ahead with that. Analysis paralysis can happen when you have one idea in mind and then divert from that based on others giving you advice.

There are some nice townhouses in that area and there is high demand for them. Just don't buy on Richmond Rd. They have a high turnover of tenant (and owner) in those as access is so difficult. People out that far west generally have big issues with living on a main road as there is so much open space and quiet streets to live instead.

The key is to make a plan and stick to it. Research, research, research and eventually it will be obvious what's a good opportunity and you will snap it up quickly after that.

Back