Are they going to get my money or not?

Hi All,

A plumber had done some works in one of my IP, I believe the job had completed 4 months ago, but up until now, the plumber still hasn't sent us the bill yet.

I have followed it up with my PM, but he said the job is done as he had inspected the works, and since we didn't get an invoice, and the tenant hasn't complained, so we don't need to do anything, as it doesn't make sense to chase others to get the money...:)

Am I just over worry or there is something that I need to be aware of ?

I just don't want to receive a court letter instead of an invoice...:p

Hong.

I would ring them and ask for a copy of the invoice. It's not worth the worry regarding if and when they might invoice.

Reminding the plumber to charge you will hopefully create a gold star in the plumbers mind for you that you might be able to use in future (emergency response/cheaper price etc.)

I personally don't like to have money owing (invoiced or not) and I know how easy it is for work to go uninvoiced.

Regards
A

TheCamel - I am pretty sure the PM didn't pay, as I am having the full rental amount every month, and have clarified the issue with the PM once every month.

aef - Thanks for your advice, I will contact my PM to get the plumber's details to clear thing out, as I really hate to wait and owing money too except the bank...:)

"I just don't want to receive a court letter instead of an invoice..."

they can't take you to court before trying to get the money and if they haven't even sent an invoice they can hardly say they have done that.

this is a decision between: business is business and if they can't get their act together too bad..and... it would be the right thing to do to call them.

Back