Are you normal?

Ellen Goodman is an award-winning journalist and was a columnist at Boston Globe until she retired in 2010. This normal life is the backbone of America (or the western world, for that matter). It is ironic, but the irony is, it's usually productive. It provides goods and services, pays for education and medical costs, offers stability and financial security, and most important, retirement plans.

We are aiming to be abnormal :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 208
The very wealthy people of this world have created this "normal life"

Ask yourself who are the very wealthy people of this world?

By creating wealth through property we can escape this "normal life" ........and play golf everyday...yeehah!

Did you hear (the short version) about the high powered executive who went on holiday to a lovely little fishing village and the first day found a guy sitting back on the sand fishing. He sat down beside him and said, if you used your money to buy a boat you could catch more fish, pay off the boat, mortgage it to set up a cannery, sell huge amounts of fish, start to export etc. The guy looked at him and said "what would I do then?". The executive said, " why then you could afford to sit back and fish all day.

I use train instead of car (for now). My work allow casual clothes, so I half of my going out clothes can be used for work. Does that count as abnormal? :D

I sometimes think the generational and long term unemployed think we're raving mad for going to work when we don't need to.

Are they normal??

I suppose it depends on how much money is enough and how much you like or don't like your work.

Of the 3 wealthiest people I know (all wealthy due to business btw) all still work long hours.

The key is working but not being a slave to it - living week to week and always being broke, working long hours for what seems like no reward of moving forward, having no passion whatsoever for your work, having no purpose or plans to achieve via your job, etc.

gee, I hope I'm not normal, how terrible would that be?

We saw this image last night and said yet again just how pleased we are to live where and how we live.

Why be normal when I can be myself. :)

I don't do traffic. That is a scary photo in the opening post.

Traffic doesn't even know me because I don't show up...............

Back