around the bay in a day

which distance and direction are you doing? Got a few friends doing the big one but can't recall which direction they got.

Haven't done it myself but know plenty who have - be prepared for a lot of congestion and some really big head winds (seems to happen every year)

Good luck

thanks mooze

starting off this year with the 50kms

can comfortable do about 70kms at present, so opted for an easy 50kms for first year

next year will aim for 100 or 150kms

slowly build up to that massive 250kms

i'm looking into doing it but only the 50k since the big ferry rides are sold out, not sure yet if i'll go ahead as the mrs just had a arthriscope done on her knee..

A trip down to the worlds this sunday is on the cards too, just have to plan out the logistics side of bike + crowd = pita :) Don't want my new baby getting damaged...

DSCF3333.jpg

ohh, now I just need to ring Cancellara if I can borrow just one of his legs!

Holy Shoit!

That is some bike. I'm thinking; in the thousands $?

I'd be too embarassed to head out around the Bay on my old clunker if that is the standard.

Now that the sun has finally come out, I decided to de-cobweb the bike and go for a ride yesterday (strictly a fair weather rider).

Went "up the hill" to Arthur's Seat - it bloody killed me. Has anyone done that one?

Arthurs Seat - short and sharp, gotta love it!

Hey; speak for yourself.

For me, it was 40 mins of shear pain from my place to the top. What I love about it is you can't cheat; you stop pedalling and you fall over.

Comin' down was nice though.

Not as nice as The Pies winning today of course!!

few, just got home after a looong day out, fed square at 8:30 then off to geelong for the race, some great racing, congrats to Thor Hushovd, as well as Davis getting the bronze, great ride overall by Cadel to defend as much as possible

now to kick the legs up and have a mountain goat beer mmmmmm :cool:

nice bike EGB18CT

where abouts do you ride to and from? im in wallan, just north of craigieburn, i rode an 81km route on weekend and looking for other routes around the area i can do

Back