Asian Cup?!

Its late and i'm still running on adrenalin - have I missed a thread on this altogether?

Absolutely amazing win by Australia tonight, atmosphere was great and the game matched it. Fantastic to see football's (soccer) presence growing in Australia so quickly!

Hope others enjoyed it! Anyone else at the game?

Its late and i'm still running on adrenalin - have I missed a thread on this altogether?

Absolutely amazing win by Australia tonight, atmosphere was great and the game matched it. Fantastic to see football's (soccer) presence growing in Australia so quickly!

Hope others enjoyed it! Anyone else at the game?
YAY!

Recorded it so as not to have to suffer 90 mins of ads in a 90 min game of footy....

Nice way to spend a Sunday morning; watching Aussies win, eating home-made pancakes while the rain blasts down outside on our "summer".

Sorry you've lost me, what would that be? Real football was played by the socceroos last night! If you missed it, you missed out.

The one where if someone steps on your toes you keep playing rather than putting on a theatrical performance.
The one where you can utilise your fitness to bring someone to ground if the have possession of the ball.
The one where drawn games are less likely.

You should watch it some time.

The one where if someone steps on your toes you keep playing rather than putting on a theatrical performance.
The one where you can utilise your fitness to bring someone to ground if the have possession of the ball.

Yeah I don't mind League as well

I have, numerous times. Bores the s**t out of me..

Please don't tell me you're talking about the game where you get a consolation point for missing the goal? :confused:

pinkboy

So what are we now? No. 99 in the world? Good win against No. 60 something.

This is a comp for the countries that aren't very good at soccer. Was there anyone in the top 50 competing?

Just mucking around, don't get cranky.

So what are we now? No. 99 in the world? Good win against No. 60 something.

This is a comp for the countries that aren't very good at soccer. Was there anyone in the top 50 competing?

Just mucking around, don't get cranky.

Hmm Aussies will be there soon enough, the rankings don't reflect the quality and growth of the team over recent 12-18 months. I found the quality of football pretty good too (I've been getting used to going to very slow a-league games!).

Well done Aussies - seriously wondered if they might choke when they had the equaliser come against them just before the buzzer. Held on and scored the 2nd in overtime - was exciting. International rankings are skewed in this case because it is probably in fact "the world game" so doing well in soccer/football is harder than a more obscure game where only a few nations play. Im not particularly a fan but can see that this is quite a big deal for the oz momentum in the game.

Hi

With over 7 BILLION people living on earth and a high percentage of those consider what the socceroos were playing last night as real football, I will let the numbers do the talking on what is considered real "football".

Regards,

alicudi

Great game, Absolutely loved every minute of it :D

I watch all footy, played RL and Soccer when younger, I love soccer because it is one of the few international sports that anyone can afford to play and men and woman can both play.

I agree our world rating has slumped but we were in a rebuilding phase and were in a pool of death at the world cup ( A real world cup too, not 16 countries). We played 3 teams in the top 15 in the world in our pool, ridiculous draw.

After this win in AFC we will jump a heap of places in the world ratings :)

As for RL and RU, well even the worst team in the world could only be rated 16 or so as that is all that play them, of course we will always be NUMBER ONE in AFL, wonder why ?

Oh you mean the football where hands are used more than feet? Why didn't you say so?

Hi

With over 7 BILLION people living on earth and a high percentage of those consider what the socceroos were playing last night as real football, I will let the numbers do the talking on what is considered real "football".

Regards,

alicudi

Most of those 7 billion also believe in a man in the clouds looking out for us too. :eek::rolleyes:

Back