Astorb

I received in the mail a letter and flyer from ASTORB, Australian Strata Title Owners Reference Bureau. I did a search here but only found one reference, and that was a similar query to mine and he received no replies. They are Queensland based and provide services to owners of QLD investment properties. Their claim to fame is that they can "uncover" hidden dollars! They made reference to a property I have on the Gold Coast but not to the others of have in QLD. They have a web site at: www.astorb.com.au

Anyone had any communication from them or other experiences?
I am, as always, cautious, but curious!

Regards, Fester

Fester said:
I received in the mail a letter and flyer from ASTORB, Australian Strata Title Owners Reference Bureau. I did a search here but only found one reference, and that was a similar query to mine and he received no replies. They are Queensland based and provide services to owners of QLD investment properties. Their claim to fame is that they can "uncover" hidden dollars! They made reference to a property I have on the Gold Coast but not to the others of have in QLD. They have a web site at: www.astorb.com.au

Anyone had any communication from them or other experiences?
I am, as always, cautious, but curious!

Regards, Fester
Were there any appropriate responses to this enquiry? Sorry new to this site and still finding my way around

I am a member

Hi, I am a member of ASTORB but I havnt had any issues with my strata titled IP so I havnt engaged in their services.
However, I have heard some stories from several people first hand who have had problems with Body Corp matters, onsite managers etc. and he has resolved all matters with a positive outcome. I think the service is designed more for the beginer and interstate investor who doesnt know much about the body corp system, and what exactly their resident manager should be doing. He has a very good Addendum form that you can add to your PAMD form 20a that they won an award for....Here is some info about the award they won....

ASTORB...
... receives the Queensland Consumer Protection Award 2006.

We are all excited to announce that ASTORB has been honoured with a HIGHLY COMMENDED award at the Queensland Consumer Protection Awards 2006. The Minister for Fair Trading Margaret Keech presented the Award.

ASTORB was the only Gold Coast based company or organisation to be recognised.

ASTORB staff have witnessed the belief system of unhappy investors change after they have resolved disputes and gain better understanding about the accountability and service level they can enjoy under Queensland legislation. Satisfied investors continue to increase their property investment spending here in Queensland as a result of them recognising they now enjoy peace of mind, save time and save money through improved property management arrangements.

ASTORB was presented the award at the Parliament House , Brisbane on 23rd May 2006 for our contribution to consumer protection to the Queensland residential property investors through the introduction of ASTORB Owners Addendum attachment to PAMD Form 20a Property Management Agreements.

ASTORB believe the introduction of the addendum to be a win win outcome for Queensland licensed real estate agents and property investors collectively. Our published motto continues to be “rental property security through information and service”.

Back