ASX-where to next

The China explosion in share markets will cause some ups and downs for traders and shorters, and for those inexperienced in the share market and who came in on the share market boom of the last couple of years and who will panic at the first sign of a fall. But overall in Australia, the growth in many Companies is the result of good company situations and favourable economic environment generally.

And if today is a subdued opening I would love to see a good one!

10 mins before opening BHP was showing an auction price up only 7c. I thought that was subdued as has been shown.

And how's your BLY Brenda? Sadly I got <4k in the float.

Just a hack's thoughts but I reckon we'll see 7000 before any major correction and I reserve the right to raise that number further as it nears. Bears will need to be patient, and use me as a contra-indicator at your peril. LOL

And how's your BLY Brenda? Sadly I got <4k in the float.
Currently on a record high of $2.27. I got $10k in the float. Current profit would be $2,270; not that I would be silly enough to sell them. :)

ps: FXI just went up to $1.14; seems to be recovering from its slump. I just withdrew my offer of $0.95; not a hope methinks.

I'm up 10 K for the day.
Yep, another boring day at the office...

My fund tracks the index, so a 1% rise equates to about $8K for me. Its a 7% quarter to date so not a bad little run. $56K with borrowing costs of about $11K for the two months means I'm up about $45K over those two months after interest costs.

Navra report it will be their best quarter yet when the distribution is paid in early July. A nice little passive portfolio with no effort required on my part.

Cheers,
Michael.

The ASX defied falls in China's index. With the ASX booming it's spilling over to property but for how long?

The ASX defied falls in China's index. With the ASX booming it's spilling over to property but for how long?

How does the ASX boom help property?
To me it looks like the increased sales in property are caused by the shortage in rentals.
People simply can't find a place to rent so those who can afford a mortgage
have come out and are now buying.
It could also be that people are sensing an upswing in property prices
so they are trying to get in early.
cheers

To me it looks like the increased sales in property are caused by the shortage in rentals.
People simply can't find a place to rent so those who can afford a mortgage
have come out and are now buying.
It could also be that people are sensing an upswing in property prices
so they are trying to get in early.
cheers

Could be a bit of both , though rentals are ( in sydney ) cheaper than the corresponding mortgage.

Alot of the strength in the upper end of the property market is being fueled by money coming from the share market , people upgrading their PPOR's etc

Cliff

In provincial Qld there is a general euphoria. We've never had it so good (nor have we!), everybody's got a job with many on big money. And some of those who aren't young enough to be in the mines have made a killing in the markets. Million dollar units are springing up like mushrooms being bought with all this easy money. Hey! I'm even looking at one (well, not quite the mil. LOL) and that will be funded through shares. I have no way of knowing but I would guess that hundreds of thous of punters have made big money in the market and many of them will be pulling money of the table and upgrading their house. Not sure how many would be buying IPs though although the miners definitely are.

Don't know about the Mexicans, but north of the border it's all fun in the sun for us. :D

Yep. Sunfish is right. Rural NSW is the same. Here is this drought, and property prices have held up well. Most little towns near me are on less than 5% rental yields.:eek:

I've got heaps of mates now working in mines. Their wages have gone from $700 a week to $2000.

Shares on the ASX are just companies. Companies mostly rolling in cash. Cash that goes to the workers, who all want to buy property.

Shares and property often are anti cyclical. And often they are not. If the resource boom continues, I think it will, and the general economy keeps booming, why wouldn't property follow?

See ya's.

Million dollar units are springing up like mushrooms being bought with all this easy money. :D

Sunfish, Let's be realistic,
How can you buy a 1 million $ property with gains from the stock market?
Have you heard of CGT?
Ok there will be some people who had enough money to invest
and doubled their money but this is not the sort of thing everyone is doing.
I agree with topcropper that it could be miners buying property
in QLD, WA and in mining areas.
btw, I hope the resources boom holds because if it doesn't
I can see you looking south of the border for Work..:D
Cheers

Have you heard of CGT?
BV, spend some time and have a search for a poster named Thommo
it goes back a few years,but you will find it interesting on the
trading style of THOMMO/RICHARD C unsure what other names
he;) /she posted under but they are gold,but i think he likes silver..
good luck willair..

Have you heard of CGT?
I agree with topcropper that it could be miners buying property
in QLD, WA and in mining areas.
btw, I hope the resources boom holds because if it doesn't
I can see you looking south of the border for Work..:D
Cheers

No need to trigger CGT when you have margin loans to transfer out profits. So far in the market I am doubling my investment every 6 months by being agressive and using leverage. I am now defending my position while still being at full stretch growing my asset base, so unless the sky falls I should be able to see out any corection with comfortable margins. There will come a point when I stop reinvesting profits to grow and I can let the gains build so I can pull the cash for a dream property without triggering CGT. Could of course get creative with finance with the property to reinvest in other investments.

Some "experts" are predicting the mining boom has 15 years left of running in it. Borrowing the Nav Trade system for a flat market and CFD's for falling markets there is good money to be made under any conditions you just have to work at it.

BV, spend some time and have a search for a poster named Thommo
it goes back a few years,but you will find it interesting on the
trading style of THOMMO/RICHARD C unsure what other names
he;) /she posted under but they are gold,but i think he likes silver..
good luck willair..

Hi Willair,
How can I forget Thommo or whatever his trademark is these days...
I have little interest in trading shares, I am a buy and hold person
but in recent times I had to change tactic because I am seing that the property
markets are starting to move again.
Cheers Mate. :)

Back