Auction 18th of December

What do you think about the vendor, who has listed a property for 4 wks auction campaign and the auction will be held on 18th of December? :eek: It is quite close to Xmas...

I guess there are 3 choices.

1. auction on 18th Dec- the last week possible
2. quiet sale over Dec/Jan
3. wait until the 2nd week of Feb.

What do you think about the vendor, who has listed a property for 4 wks auction campaign and the auction will be held on 18th of December? :eek: It is quite close to Xmas...

I suppose they want the property sold this year. Any details on the property/suburb? Are you an interested buyer?

i did one last year that auctioned right before Christmas and it was an absolute ripper... best auction i had seen in ages. Sold for $28k over the reserve and had heaps of interest.

Twilight Auction

In December 2007, there was a property located in Windsor (Melb), that had a twilight auction on Wednesday 19th December (7pm) It was a renovated 2 bedroom Victorian and I recall it was sold for $685k, with plenty of interest.

I remember this because I had bought earlier that month close by and wanted to see what this went for and was intrigued at the timing of the auction.

At the end of the day really, its all about the property.

I had tenants move out 10th November of a house I want to sell.

When I spoke to the agent he gave me 2 weeks to paint it and get it on the market, as he said once we get to Christmas it will sit there until the end of January.

It went on the market last Wednesday, with first open on Satiurday. We had 7 groups through and received a reasonable offer today with another offer coming in tomorrow.

It is only on the internet and so far has had in excess of 500 hits in 5 days.

So in reply to your question.....I can understand why the vendor put his house on the market in December, the interest is definitely there.

Chris

We are generally intersted in the area, not potically the house. It is in so called holiday spot near the beach in small town called Coronet Bay, which is located on Westernport Bay Victoria. Here is the link for the ad.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-vic-coronet+bay-106995231

They ask $270k for renovated old cement sheet beach house. When comparing the other houses in the area price feels too high, so the house will most likely passed in.

Just was wondering what's the point to hold auction so close to Xmas in the area where auctions do not generally work. Same REA hold an auction last week, again for the overpriced property and of course the house passed in.
:eek:

Chrispy and Sunshine happy to hear your results and hopefully you have a name on the paper really quickly!

Just was wondering what's the point to hold auction so close to Xmas in the area where auctions do not generally work. Same REA hold an auction last week, again for the overpriced property and of course the house passed in.
:eek:

Maybe they thought no one goes to Coronet Bay at any other time of the year :p

The Y-man

we've got one up the road auctioning on the 18th.

i think it's good timing as it allows for settlement and moving in just before school goes back or a new work transfer starts.

will watch it closely.

For the Coronet Bay property, the auction date is very intruiging. It's in a high summer tourist area and lots of properties in the district sell well over summer. At the very least it would get a lot more passer-bys if it was being auctioned in 2 weeks.

18th Dec is the last big SAT opportunity for vendors to offload before Xmas and, for those still looking, their last chance to buy as well and hopefully settle before the start of the school term in 2011. Nothing wrong with the date, though personally I'd make early Dec the latest as a vendor, given the usual drop-off rate of buyers at this time of year.

We're actually bidding for two houses tomorrow at auction- and hoping to secure both of them, if all goes well and the buyer numbers are down (though I'm not holding out much hope for one of them given the no. of contracts that've been issued at just under 40!) In fact, one of them is the big LJH event with 37 auctions scheduled. I'm already feeling sorry for the auctioneer :D

Probably the slowest time is RE is approaching- the early to mid Jan period, with most RE agencies and conveyancers/tax agents etc closing down and very few listings trickling onto the market. Most agents I know actually are still working right up until Xmas Eve, despite the lack of interest from buyers during this period.

Back