Auction on a Sunday...?!?

Is this a normal thing?

One of the most desirable properties in an area I've been looking at is having an auction on a Sunday. It would not surprise me to see dozens of people wanting to make a bid.

Sunday already seems like such an unusual day, but for this property to try its luck? Are they being over confident? There are like another half dozen properties in the general area and 2-3 of them look really good, and they all go to auction ahead of it; on Saturday.

Is this weird? Or is it normal to have a Sunday auction? Or perhaps the owners are so confident (which I guess they might have the right to be given the level of interest) that they think everyone is going to pass on all the others on Saturday for a chance to get this? Or is this an opportunity to get a bargain if everyone has already spent their money a day before?

Is there something clever about this strategy that maybe I'm not seeing? Personally if I owned this and I wanted to maximise my price I would do Saturday like everyone else...but perhaps there's something I'm missing? OR maybe by going "last", buyers will have no second chance "oh if we miss this we can always get this one" type of thought...maybe that's their strategy? Maybe I'm over thinking it?!?:)

Perhaps the owners and agents are Seventh Day Adventists, whose Sabbath falls on Saturday?

You are over thinking it :)

ta
rolf

Last edited:
If it's in a lifestyle location like st kilda or williamstown it can often be held on a Sunday. Same goes with Jewish areas such as Caulfield etc

Ps you are over thinking it

Depends on the area. If its on a sunday it might have something to do with the population in the area. As previously mentioned, Caulfield, St Kilda East these areas are have a high Jewish population so for that reason alone the agent may be wanting to put the property up on a sunday to ensure all can attend.
I don't think its going to affect any sale price of make it more or less popular. If someone wants a property they will turn up to an auction on any day if need be

Back