Avoid buying WOW & WES

Perhaps. Note also my BHP shares are up around 6% going against all his 'advice' as well.:rolleyes:

Time will tell the tale though.

pinkboy

Keeping fingers crossed but not holding my breath. Too many false glimmers of hope thus far.

Congrats on your BHP holdings, PB

Keeping fingers crossed but not holding my breath. Too many false glimmers of hope thus far.

Congrats on your BHP holdings, PB

It is a very small holding China. Only included in portfolio for small diversification. Probably won't add it it.

pinkboy

Perhaps. Note also my BHP shares are up around 6% going against all his 'advice' as well.:rolleyes:

Time will tell the tale though.

pinkboy

come on guys, a short term trading movement means nothing.

Are we trading or investing.

More worrying to me is the psychological thinking of the above posters. If they are trading fine, they are doing EXACTLY the right thing. The short term trend is now your friend.

If they are investing, well, Mistress Market is a very good teacher.

I still stand by my comments, and if I a wrong so be it, I have lost an opportunity.

No big deal, there are always 'opportunities' out there.

Worse is when I am wrong on opinions where I have my own capital at stake:D

Hope this rally continues. ANZ actually now in profit. If ANZ touches previous high, I am wondering whether I should sell and wait to buy in again? Overall portfolio 8% down, mainly BHP

My guess is ANZ should do nicely this year for you China, even if the others don't. Cutting rates always bodes well for the high yielding stocks in the short medium term

My guess is ANZ should do nicely this year for you China, even if the others don't. Cutting rates always bodes well for the high yielding stocks in the short medium term

Thank you. My thoughts are to hang on because:

1. short term technical indicators right now seem to show rising volume associated with rising price.

2. the long term macd shows a golden cross

3. cba seems to hitting record new highs and the banks tend to move together

4. lower interest rates should fuel home loans which is a big part of the bank's business

5. further interest rate cuts are likely

However, I am just wondering whether i can sell at a certain point e.g at a previous record high and buy in more at a good dip.

Also am thinking about cutting the losers and letting the winners run.

Last edited:
Read an interesting article today comparing our banks and food retailers with that of UK.

I can't vouch for the accuracy of the figures mentioned in the article but they were interesting none the less.

In London you are spoilt for choice. At any one time within a five-mile radius in central London you will be able to find a Sainsburys, ASDA, Aldi, a Co-Op, Marks & Spencer, Morrisons, Spar, Tesco and a Waitrose, let alone an Iceland, CostCutter, Mace, Londis or a Lidl.

It's the same in the bank sector

Now come to Australia where Woolworths and Wesfarmers (Coles) account for 82 per cent of the food retailing sector and the big four banks account for 97.17 per cent of the bank sector

No wonder we have monopolies in Australia, no one can be bothered coming over here and attempt to crowbar out of the incumbents a population that is small, is already being serviced, is set in its ways and patriotic.

It's just not fair. And it's not going to change. So what can you do about it?

Well if you can't work that out you really haven't understood.

Full article here

Cheers,
Oracle.

Back