Badgerys Creek

Hi all, My first post been a active reader of this forum for a few years and finally decided to join :).

Would like to get your opinions on the potential construction of the Badgerys creek airport and how this will affect prices for property for the Leppingotn , Badgerys Creek , Kemps Creek areas. I have recently secured a block in Leppington the new estate called Willowdale its my first home.

I am hoping that the airport brings alot of value to the properties in the surrounding areas such as leppington , oran park and Gregory hills.

I guess it'd be good if you own a petrol station down that way. Don't know about residential stuff though - the flight path might turn people off and it's pretty remote.

I guess it'd be good if you own a petrol station down that way. Don't know about residential stuff though - the flight path might turn people off and it's pretty remote.

That area is not effected by the flight path. Planes come and go via the green belt. If you are in the lower blue mountains though you would be screwed.

That area is not effected by the flight path. Planes come and go via the green belt. If you are in the lower blue mountains though you would be screwed.

I live sort of nearby in Erskine Park and I get flight noise from existing flights in and out of Mascot at certain times, so how local suburbs immediately around the airport can expect to get no noise... dont think its that cut and dried

I live sort of nearby in Erskine Park and I get flight noise from existing flights in and out of Mascot at certain times, so how local suburbs immediately around the airport can expect to get no noise... dont think its that cut and dried

There will be noise but it's not going to be the next Marrickville. Go look up the flight paths. Everything pretty much comes and goes via the land track between Badgerys creek and the lower blue mountains.

There is a better one out there but this is the best I could find for now:

Badgerys+Creek+Airport.jpg

I live on 5 acres in Kemps Creek and am pretty sure the airport will bring good things.

I don't think the airport will increase value of surrounding suburbs - but the other infrastructure which will be supporting the airport will (ie roads, transport etc). Currently I am 20mins from the nearest train station, and there are no buses here. I very much doubt this will stay the same once an airport starts being built..

I think it will open up the Outer Western Sydney region a little more and put us on the map. It takes me 20mins to Penrith, 20mins to Blacktown, 15mins to Fairfield, 20mins to Liverpool, 5mins to M7, 10mins to M4, 25mins to Parklea, so we're not as far from everywhere as everyone first thinks when you tell them you live in Kemps Creek.

Our 5 acres is 100% flat and arable so developers will love it when the rezoning comes in. We have our own septic system though so I suppose they need to bring sewer out here..

There is a better one out there but this is the best I could find for now:

Badgerys+Creek+Airport.jpg

Im feeling a bit slow. Not sure I follow this one. It appears to be a map of heathrow flight paths with badgerys creek, springwood, winmalee labels superimposed.
Maybe it is just supposed to be an example to show that flights don't follow paths exactly and that you will get plenty of noise even if outside official flight paths?

Or may be that if you're close to the airport but not under a flight path you are ok as by then all flights are on the same path close to landing?
I guess the answer is .... Pick your spot carefully.

Last edited:
So, after all these years .....

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw...to-begin-in-2016/story-fnii5s3x-1226884369414

Now we need to work out the best location of next IP based on this news. There should be a lot of infrastructure spending around there.

I purchased in the new estate in leppington and the prices have gone up almost 40k since I put my down payment on the block. Their is going to be alot of development but the airport is due to start for construction in 2016 and due to open in about 2024-2026 so quite some time.

I purchased in the new estate in leppington and the prices have gone up almost 40k since I put my down payment on the block. Their is going to be alot of development but the airport is due to start for construction in 2016 and due to open in about 2024-2026 so quite some time.

Guess I don't need to look as I'll be retired by then :D

although im sure it will be good for the area and will allow for more access to the area via roads and transport i still have doubts over how much of an impact this will have on prices in the surrounding area. Can Tullamarine in melb be looked at in comparison in regards to affect on CG and yields etc?

although im sure it will be good for the area and will allow for more access to the area via roads and transport i still have doubts over how much of an impact this will have on prices in the surrounding area. Can Tullamarine in melb be looked at in comparison in regards to affect on CG and yields etc?

I think the new airport will bring in a lot new business for the area, and is more positive than negative for Badgerys Creek. Not owning property under the direct flight path is an advantage, but it would be uncertain if they would be changing flight paths on an ongoing basis.

Regarding Tullamarine, not sure how to compare it fairly, however this article from over a year ago, raises some good points regarding a third runway.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/real-estate/noise-and-real-estate-the-main-concerns-for-residents-affected-by-proposed-third-runway-at-tullamarine-airport/story-fndba8uq-1226520935551

689668-tullamarine-third-runway-facts.jpg

The mayor o Liverpool was on telly tonight. He seemed pretty happy about it all.

I've notice prices of units in Liverpool have been going up and up recently. They're moving very quickly. I've got one near the hospital and have regularly been keeping an eye on the market.

One of those OTP might be a good investment - 330K for a tiny 1 bedder, Solis apartment or over 500K for a top floor unit(last time I checked.)

If I remember correctly it was just under 60 sq m or thereabouts. For a new development I thought that was tiny

The mayor o Liverpool was on telly tonight. He seemed pretty happy about it all.

I've notice prices of units in Liverpool have been going up and up recently. They're moving very quickly. I've got one near the hospital and have regularly been keeping an eye on the market.

One of those OTP might be a good investment - 330K for a tiny 1 bedder, Solis apartment or over 500K for a top floor unit(last time I checked.)

Yeah the prices have been moving quite alot. Their is alot diversity in Liverpool a lot of nationalities and their is also a lot of construction that is going on in Liverpool and a lot of units that will be made available in the next 6-24 months. I grew up in the area and have seen the area change quite a bit

I'm wondering if it will have an impact on the St Marys/Mt Druitt region. There's plans to connect the North West rail link to the Sydney Business Park being developed at Marsden Park and then put a line in from there through St Marys and on to the airport at Badgery's Creek. Those traditionally undesirable suburbs such as Willmot, Lethbridge Park, Tregear, Shalvey etc. seem to be becoming surrounded by new infrastructure. About time!

Back