• No

Votes: 34 48.6%
  • Yes due to the AFP's involvement

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • No, they were going to do it anyway

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes it is, it's a comparison for people who use the simplistic argument that "because they knew the penalty they should face the punishment".

Your logic astounds me. So it is much better not to punish anyone undertaking an illegal activity that kills others.

Where is your compassion for those who had died taking drugs and the families that are suffering because of drugs.

Indonesia is a sovereign country that has the death penalty and has always been clear about it. Like it or not, there is nothing that any other country can do because they believe that drugs are serious.

These are two men wanting to make money on the suffering of Australians not long after all the publicity of Corby being arrested. High reward equals high risk.

Again I restate that with all this publicity and soon to be executions, this will at least have some people stop and thing before pursuing the stupid illegal activity of drug trafficking.

Just because "it's the law" doesn't mean it's right. It's a law in Nigeria for an adulteress to be stoned to death... Should they just accept the consequences of their actions?

I was not indicating that it is necessarily right to impose the death sentence, merely that it is that countries law. Whichever country you commit a crime in you are subject to their laws.

A young Pakistani girl was recently sentenced to be stoned to death for using a mobile phone.
Don't ya love it when you see Countries that are still living by laws/religions conjured up back in the stone age?

What was the the law she broke?

Some sort of blasphemy I'd wager. :rolleyes:

Your logic astounds me. So it is much better not to punish anyone undertaking an illegal activity that kills others.

Where is your compassion for those who had died taking drugs and the families that are suffering because of drugs.

So only those who want the criminals murdered possess compassion?. So you're telling me Ghandi, Ban Ki-Moon and Desmond Tutu lack compassion because they oppose(d) the death penalty. :confused:

I think your confused, no one is saying they should not be punished, it's just that civilised people are saying they shouldn't be murdered.

Indonesia is a sovereign country that has the death penalty and has always been clear about it. Like it or not, there is nothing that any other country can do because they believe that drugs are serious.

Obviously. Dosn't mean I have to agree with it.

Last edited:
I am against the death penalty as mentioned many times. however.....

If we are to exist as good neighbours with 200 million Muslims, do we need to accept Indonesia's right to have the death penalty?? Or do we require its 90 per cent Muslim population to change their views??

MTR

Don't ya love it when you see Countries that are still living by laws/religions conjured up back in the stone age?

What was the the law she broke?

Some sort of blasphemy I'd wager. :rolleyes:

like the US of A, plastered across the most highly prized of currencies... in god we trust. do we? God, fairies, santa. at least santa brings decent presents at xmas

So only those who want the criminals murdered possess compassion?. So you're telling me Ghandi, Ban Ki-Moon and Desmond Tutu lack compassion because they oppose(d) the death penalty. :confused:

I think your confused, no one is saying they should not be punished, it's just that civilised people are saying they shouldn't be murdered.

Obviously. Dosn't mean I have to agree with it.

murder

/ˈməːdə/

noun

noun: murder; plural noun: murders

the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The death penalty fails the definition of murder. Unless of course we wish to apply our standards to someone else, tho historically that hasn't turned out well, like when they rtried to raise aboriginal living standards with the adoption process, or enlightening the primitive world of the one true god

murder

/ˈməːdə/

noun

noun: murder; plural noun: murders

the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The death penalty fails the definition of murder. Unless of course we wish to apply our standards to someone else, tho historically that hasn't turned out well, like when they rtried to raise aboriginal living standards with the adoption process, or enlightening the primitive world of the one true god

If calling it capital punishment makes you feel better then by all means, go for it.

It's murder in my eyes, and there's strong debate now that it is unlawful since they have passed the rehabilitation tests set out by the high court. But that's another story...

If calling it capital punishment makes you feel better then by all means, go for it.

of course it does, murder is murder, this is not

think of all the people that this process has saved - along with collateral damage i.e. grannies bashed, home invasions, destruction of property,prostitution, family breakdown. I sleep well at night comfortable in that knowledge

It's murder in my eyes, and there's strong debate now that it is unlawful since they have passed the rehabilitation tests set out by the high court. But that's another story...

what about euthanasia, do you call that murder as well?

of course it does, murder is murder, this is not

think of all the people that this process has saved - along with collateral damage i.e. grannies bashed, home invasions, destruction of property,prostitution, family breakdown. I sleep well at night comfortable in that knowledge

I agree, wholeheartedly. Wouldn't that have be the same outcome as them being incarcerated, why do they need to be murdered, sorry, shot through the heart, for us to be safe?

Back