• No

Votes: 34 48.6%
  • Yes due to the AFP's involvement

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • No, they were going to do it anyway

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The bit about the AFP part that I don't get is that they aren't allowed to extradite a foreigner from Australia to another country if the crime they are being extradited for is punishable by death, but yet they dob on Aussies overseas for a crime that they will be killed for... :confused::confused:

Everyone involved from the AFP should be fired.

And all upper echelon drug traffickers who import heroin and methylamphetamine who cause a great deal of pain in the community, who contribute directly to robberies, burglaries, stealings, suicides, overdoses, homicide other violent crimes. Not to mention the hundreds of thousands of Australian families who are / have been affected having an addict in the family......................They should all be put to death!

The sooner these two are executed, executed not murdered the better for everyone involved. May god have mercy on their souls.

I'm all for the AFP tipping off whoever they like regardless of what country people are in. If you get caught, face the consequences and stop trying to blame other people for your misfortune. They knew the risks. Play with fire for long enough and you will get burnt.

And all upper echelon drug traffickers who import heroin and methylamphetamine who cause a great deal of pain in the community, who contribute directly to robberies, burglaries, stealings, suicides, overdoses, homicide other violent crimes. Not to mention the hundreds of thousands of Australian families who are / have been affected having an addict in the family......................They should all be put to death!

The sooner these two are executed, executed not murdered the better for everyone involved. May god have mercy on their souls.

I'm all for the AFP tipping off whoever they like regardless of what country people are in. If you get caught, face the consequences and stop trying to blame other people for your misfortune. They knew the risks. Play with fire for long enough and you will get burnt.

Well said. Soon to be The Bali seven!

Looks like the coffins have arrived?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ready-call-executions-11-prisoners-ahead.html

Had to laugh yesterday. A mate of mine was having a real bad day. Everything was going wrong and he was complaining to another mate of mine. The other mate told him to wake up to himself, as

"If you think you are having a bad day, then you are not as those poor *******s in Bali that are about to get shot, just got measured for their coffins"

Anyway, maybe you had to be there.:)

See ya's.

I just felt like raising this issue of the Bali 9 and Indonesia's attitude. I notice someone has already done it and there are 11 pages in this thread - which I don't have time to read but potentially others have the same feelings.

What these 2 did was wrong, and if executed at the time I would have thought they deserved it, no reservations. But 10 years on and at such a young age at the time there is very good chance they are genuinely changed and matured. Obviously there is motivation to appear better people, but after 10 years I would give them a little benefit of doubt. We all make mistakes and take chances when younger, most of us get away with it and look back and realise we were lucky. Keep them on probation for 10 years more if granted a stay of execution just to keep them on the straight and narrow, here or in Indonesia.

I feel that the Indonesian President wants to show his strength to the world and is using these executions to display the size of his d#ck and dares any other country PM to challenge him!!! What a waste of frigging resourses using army and air force to cover the security of their transport to the execution island - you would think they were top 2 international terrorists and an elaborate rescue mission was underway. Clearly chest beating, sabre rattling, my d#ck is bigger than your d#ck attitude. Wan#er as far as I am concerned.

I support Tony Abbott for reminding him we are there to help when needed and this is not the way to treat friends. If their attitude is "up yours" don't be surprised if we don't care as much next time they need help!! There are other ways to punish these guys long term without tearing their bodies apart with bullets 10 years after their mistake, what a away to die!!! Strewth, an overdoes of sleeping pills is a hell of a better way to go!!!

Do you punish a dog 10 years later after he has pee'd on your lounge room carpet. Not relevant, the time has passed!

Indonesian President could come out of this much more on top if he showed his negotiating skills and desire for international relationships. He does not care, a bit like Putin!

The people who cause the pain are the addicts. They know what they are getting themselves in for the first time they make the decision to poison themselves. Without the demand, there is no need for supply. They roll the dice and they are not much different to the smugglers really.

If they take drugs, face the consequences and stop trying to blame other people for your misfortune. They know the risks. Play with fire for long enough and they will get burned.

The people who cause the pain are the addicts. They know what they are getting themselves in for the first time they make the decision to poison themselves. Without the demand, there is no need for supply. They roll the dice and they are not much different to the smugglers really.

If they take drugs, face the consequences and stop trying to blame other people for your misfortune. They know the risks. Play with fire for long enough and they will get burned.

Fair comment. However if the supply chain was cut off, maybe just maybe more addicts would be alive. We as a global partner seriously need to get to the top of the tree and bring the kingpins down. Addicts are weak, no denying that, but they can't shoot up without the product.

I just felt like raising this issue of the Bali 9 and Indonesia's attitude. I notice someone has already done it and there are 11 pages in this thread - which I don't have time to read but potentially others have the same feelings.

What these 2 did was wrong, and if executed at the time I would have thought they deserved it, no reservations. But 10 years on and at such a young age at the time there is very good chance they are genuinely changed and matured. Obviously there is motivation to appear better people, but after 10 years I would give them a little benefit of doubt. We all make mistakes and take chances when younger, most of us get away with it and look back and realise we were lucky. Keep them on probation for 10 years more if granted a stay of execution just to keep them on the straight and narrow, here or in Indonesia.

I feel that the Indonesian President wants to show his strength to the world and is using these executions to display the size of his d#ck and dares any other country PM to challenge him!!! What a waste of frigging resourses using army and air force to cover the security of their transport to the execution island - you would think they were top 2 international terrorists and an elaborate rescue mission was underway. Clearly chest beating, sabre rattling, my d#ck is bigger than your d#ck attitude. Wan#er as far as I am concerned.

I support Tony Abbott for reminding him we are there to help when needed and this is not the way to treat friends. If their attitude is "up yours" don't be surprised if we don't care as much next time they need help!! There are other ways to punish these guys long term without tearing their bodies apart with bullets 10 years after their mistake, what a away to die!!! Strewth, an overdoes of sleeping pills is a hell of a better way to go!!!

Do you punish a dog 10 years later after he has pee'd on your lounge room carpet. Not relevant, the time has passed!

Indonesian President could come out of this much more on top if he showed his negotiating skills and desire for international relationships. He does not care, a bit like Putin!

The analogy you have used between a dog and these two pieces of garbage is ridiculous, and I don't believe you sincerely believe it. You opened your post by saying they were wrong, and yes they were. Is the punishment too severe, not in the eyes of the Indonesians. Nor mine.
Seriously, do you believe they are reformed? We are of the same age Bayview and I know you didn't come down in the last shower. Anybody would do anything to appear; rehabilated, reformed to escape the Firing Squad. Do not be sucked in to their plea for mercy, they deserve what they are going to receive.

Last edited:

Yep fair point Hoffy. Addicts are weak minded people with very little will power or self control. However, these traffickers are profiting from the misery which these addicts bring on society. I didn't say for one minute addicts should not be punished for the crimes they commit. If they commit a crime to pay for drugs they should face their punishment, if that involves a long prison sentence then so be it.

Same goes for these upper echelon traffickers. In Australia they would have been jailed for some time. Unlucky for them they got caught in Indonesia which has provisions from the death penalty. That's the law where they chose to risk committing their offences. Now they face the death penalty (thank goodness).

For the other seven who are now facing life sentences, well I hope they learnt their lesson. They are desperate addicts in my opinion looking for a quick buck and were probably going to get paid with heroin. I hope they let them out in another 15 years or so. But the ring leaders who were set to profit from the misery.....No sympathy from me at all. As I have said, they knew the risks.

We don't expect Indonesia to get involved in our laws and we should stay out of theirs.

The analogy you have used between a dog and these two pieces of garbage is ridiculous, and I don't believe you sincerely believe it. You opened your post by saying they were wrong, and yes they were. Is the punishment too severe, not in the eyes of the Indonesians. Nor mine.
Seriously, do you believe they are reformed? We are of the same age Bayview and I know you didn't come down in the last shower. Anybody would do anything to appear; rehabilated, reformed to escape the Firing Squad. Do not be sucked in to their plea for mercy, they deserve what they are going to receive.

Yes the dog analogy is crazy.

That's like saying the guy who raped two women 15 years ago and fled the state and didn't get caught by the Police until recently should not be punished for his crime he committed all those years ago.

And all upper echelon drug traffickers who import heroin and methylamphetamine who cause a great deal of pain in the community, who contribute directly to robberies, burglaries, stealings, suicides, overdoses, homicide other violent crimes. Not to mention the hundreds of thousands of Australian families who are / have been affected having an addict in the family..
Far more people die, familes affected and crimes comitted because of alcohol than class A drugs, but society generally accepts those producers and traffickers. Wierd. The graph (from the Lancet, 2010) is on a per drug user basis. Once you take usage prevalence into account alcohol dwarfs illegal drugs.
drugs.png

Yes alcohol is a killer, same with tobacco. Not to mention the cost of those two drugs on the public heath system. The amount the public purse would pay for funding programs to limited the impact on society is huge.

However, illegal drugs still cause a massive amount of harm to this country. Heroin and methylamphetamine are illegal for a reason, get caught, get punished. Get caught with a lot in Asia..................Everyone knows the law in Asian countries. It's not a big surprise when you get caught. They tell you on the plane and at the airport. It's written it several languages and sometimes even has pretty little pictures.

Far more people die, familes affected and crimes comitted because of alcohol than class A drugs, but society generally accepts those producers and traffickers. Wierd. The graph (from the Lancet, 2010) is on a per drug user basis. Once you take usage prevalence into account alcohol dwarfs illegal drugs.
drugs.png

obviously a legal product will have more impact than an illegal one. the illegal one should theoretically be zero impact!

Yes the dog analogy is crazy.

That's like saying the guy who raped two women 15 years ago and fled the state and didn't get caught by the Police until recently should not be punished for his crime he committed all those years ago.

They have been punished. I'm not suggesting they be let off, but aren't they getting 2 sentences, firstly 10 years so far and also execution. Double whammy. If they had directly killed someone I would have less sympathy (or none) but is dealing drugs any worse than dealing firearms to some of the lowlifes in the back streets of Sydney. You are not executed for that! Dealing drugs or firearms don't kill people, its the people who chose to use them. Driving a car recklessly can have the same consequences.

Don't get me wrong, they don't look like guys even now that I would trust 100% and they obviously know how to work the system to appear changed people. Are they? Who's to say they are not, or no worse than half the guys in our seedier suburbs.

But they have done 10 years jail, they were 19 when they committed the offence and probably feeling bullet proof (no pun intended), not 49 with many years of hindsight and should know better.

I just feel that the time they have served so far and the execution sentence hanging over their heads for most of this time is sufficient deterrent for other drug smugglers. Yes, ripping the chest apart with bullets goes a little bit further but I would reserve this for murderers, bombers and terrorists who delight in killing.

If it means so much to another country like us to ask for consideration to spare their lives, why not give them life imprisonment or deport them to Australia to serve their sentence here which would save Indonesia the cost, hell we have much worse crap in our prisons now. Sparing their lives after already giving them 10 years of punishment would be good PR for Indonesia and its relations with Australia without allowing them to escape punishment. It would be a bit like "I'll owe you one"!

It would seem that all the appeals in recent weeks has made the Indonesian President even more determined to go ahead, like covering his ears and eyes and not wanting to hear anyone try to change his mind, like a 5 year old being told not to do something. It's a joke the way they have promoted the executions in the Indonesian media, I'm surprised they are not selling tickets to the event. Does not make me feel warm and fuzzy inside as far as having any desire to visit such a country. Indonesia is not doing itself any favours.

The bottom line, its the firing squad rather than imprisonment which many see as going too far!

Last edited:
obviously a legal product will have more impact than an illegal one. the illegal one should theoretically be zero impact!
No you misunderstood the graph (though I suppose there's not much description on it). It's normalised on a per user basis, nothing to do with usage, legality or illegality. Alcohol is more dangerous to other people than heroin (red) though heroin, crack and meth are more dangerous to the user than alcohol (blue)

Can you share the inside knowledge that you have that makes you certain they're not rehabilitated?

I have no idea myself, as I've never met them. But you can't just completely discard the views of people that know them who vouch that they're rehabilitated - people like Justice Lex Lasry, Julian McMahon, Ben Quilty, Sally Warharft, Christie Buckinham, etc etc. Surely you cant believe that the Bali 2 have completely fooled all of these people?

Can you share the inside knowledge that you have that makes you certain they're not rehabilitated?

I have no idea myself, as I've never met them. But you can't just completely discard the views of people that know them who vouch that they're rehabilitated - people like Justice Lex Lasry, Julian McMahon, Ben Quilty, Sally Warharft, Christie Buckinham, etc etc. Surely you cant believe that the Bali 2 have completely fooled all of these people?

the people who claim with certainity that they arent reformed are either jaded or too emotionally involved to be objective, or have already made up their mind from day one

its easy to say they are only pretending to berehabilitated or they are only sorry because they were caught, which is entirely possible

however, i obviously dont know for sure but id put my money that they are rehabilitated. youve got jail guards who are risking their job and reputation by speaking out and saying they are rehabilitated, along with other prisoners offering to take their place

too much evidence supporting genuine rehabiitation, in my opinion

Back