Bali spa suggestions anybody?

I know that there are some well-seasoned travellers on this forum. We are planning a spa trip to Bali. Are there any suggestions for a nice (luxury?), safe, not over-the-top expensive, spa retreat? We would like something away from the crowds, but not so far that we can't go shopping or eat out.

I've just checked Tripadvisor, which I use for all our travel. Egad, Bali accommodation seems to have become expensive!

I know that there are some well-seasoned travellers on this forum. We are planning a spa trip to Bali. Are there any suggestions for a nice (luxury?), safe, not over-the-top expensive, spa retreat? We would like something away from the crowds, but not so far that we can't go shopping or eat out.

Look around U-bud

whats a spa retreat??

are you looking for like a private villa that has a massage service???

or a resort that you basically walk in and not walk out for the entire trip??

TMNT, a spa retreat is a place that offers massages, facials, maybe yoga. We don't mind whether it's a place to spend 24 hours, but we would like it to be close enough to somewhere to go out shopping, eating, etc.

I've stayed at Aleesha Villas in Sanur. Sanur is a lovely part.

They don't do yoga but do have a service that comes that does massage you can see the list here

http://aleeshavillas.com/beauty-treatment.html

Get one of the private villas with your own pool and you will be sooo relaxed.

A short walk with get you to main shopping strip that has good food and shopping

try sanur or seminyak, can walk and eat places,

sanur is more quiet for streetside massages, cheap eateries etc.

My daughter was keen for us to go to Desa Seni and have a retreat there. Of course she now has no money. She has friends who have stayed here with one of their retreats and she said they would highly recommend it.

Keen to hear when you do decide and post retreat update.

I didn't enjoy Ubud, was far too quiet. Good for sitting around hotel and spa all day. But besides that not enough for me.

Really enjoyed Seminyak, has a great balance of spa, nice restuarant and beach clubs nearby which most are children friendly most of the time.

for food and entertainment seminyak and rest in bali is better (also cheaper flights)

for peacesful spa detox koh samui is better

Bali is a much better place than Thailand for spa plus you can trust them more. Friends recently got back from a spa on Ko Samui and had their valuables stolen from the room safe by cleaning staff. They stayed 2 nights in Bangkok on the way home and also had some cash stolen from their hotel room! You can't trust anyone in Thailand

Bali is a much better place than Thailand for spa plus you can trust them more. Friends recently got back from a spa on Ko Samui and had their valuables stolen from the room safe by cleaning staff. They stayed 2 nights in Bangkok on the way home and also had some cash stolen from their hotel room! You can't trust anyone in Thailand

How did they steal it from the safe?

both equally the same - just because you got stuff stolen in thailand, it is also very likely to happen in bali.

i speak and read indonesian among other languages and i can vouch that. Only difference is in bali, at least i can pay the bribe quickly and get on with it. in indonesia, one can walk past customs without even getting it stamped with the right know-how.

Back