Bali spa suggestions anybody?

both equally the same - just because you got stuff stolen in thailand, it is also very likely to happen in bali.

i speak and read indonesian among other languages and i can vouch that. Only difference is in bali, at least i can pay the bribe quickly and get on with it. in indonesia, one can walk past customs without even getting it stamped with the right know-how.

They're not the same. I've been to Thailand about 35 times and Bali about 40 times. I've lived and worked in both places and speak fluent Thai and Bahasa. Thais are much more dishonest than the Balinese. I think its because they don't believe in a God and aren't concerned with right/wrong. The crime I see in Bali is mostly perpetuated by the Javanese and even the Balinese will tell you to look out for them but it still pales compared to the incidents of robbery and murder committed by Thais against tourists.

depends on the colour of skin as well. although i admit bali is much safer than other places in indonesia.

thailand there are many scams to tempt buying drugs and getting the coppers to bust you. The same in indonesia. BOth are equally dangerous.

I lived in indonesia as well as occasion do some business over there (can tell you stuff i have seen is probably things you could never imagine).

You's can have a spa retreat at our joint! :D

I'll even organise a masseuse for you. :cool:

Just make sure you book in late Jan/ Feb, so the weather has a moderate chance of being something near to Bali weather!

But seriously; we stayed at the Bali Bintang Ramada Resort...really good.

All this bali talk reminds, I gotta go back again, love that place,

would be so much better if there were no/less aussies, especially the bogan ones though

I can go with my mates, or I can go with a girl, or I can go alone for decompression and have the time of my life

cant wait

All this bali talk reminds, I gotta go back again, love that place,

would be so much better if there were no/less aussies, especially the bogan ones though

I can go with my mates, or I can go with a girl, or I can go alone for decompression and have the time of my life

cant wait
There are loads of places where you can avoid them; the location and cost sorts out that lot pretty much.

Unfortunately the tours and shopping (if you do them) will mean you have to cross paths with them again

One of my children went to Thailand last year. I was pretty shocked at some of the things he told me. They pre-paid a trip to the airport. The driver stopped half way and then refused to go any further unless they gave him more money. When they tried to find an excuse to get away (they said that they would go and get some money) he started to scream at them that they would not come back. They ended up paying him what he wanted.

The last time I went to Bali was 30 years ago. I remember the people as being warm, friendly and sincere.

One of my children went to Thailand last year. I was pretty shocked at some of the things he told me. They pre-paid a trip to the airport. The driver stopped half way and then refused to go any further unless they gave him more money. When they tried to find an excuse to get away (they said that they would go and get some money) he started to scream at them that they would not come back. They ended up paying him what he wanted.

The last time I went to Bali was 30 years ago. I remember the people as being warm, friendly and sincere.

I think there are horror stories everywhere so take it all with a grain of salt.

If you haven't been to Bali for a long time then steer clear of Kuta and seriously consider Sanur or Seminyak for the balance of quiet and some shopping. If you want to have a serious shopping day head into Kuta but get out before Aussie bogan beer o'clock which is about 11am :rolleyes:

Back