Barbaric

Stop reading these stupid books and get out in the sunshine and throw a frisbee or something....go walk an old lady across the street and do a good deed.

Even then it's not safe... my dog terrorises Frisbees, first stealing them then attempting to chew them apart. And return it? Unless you stop hiding his favourite soccer ball, and return it along with a bag of those liver Schmackos, you'll never see your Frisbee again.

Even then it's not safe... my dog terrorises Frisbees, first stealing them then attempting to chew them apart. And return it? Unless you stop hiding his favourite soccer ball, and return it along with a bag of those liver Schmackos, you'll never see your Frisbee again.
I just had a vision of the dog with a black hood over it's head, holding a knife in it's mouth and a frisbee sitting in front of him.

Pretty sick, but it's what my brain saw. Sorry.

I'd be willing to bet there's mental illness involved. If you were seriously wanting to be a terrorist, I doubt you'd be waving the ISIL flag at the local shops.

It wasn't an ISIL flag.
It was a black flag with writing on it that praised Allah.
The police had been visiting him a lot lately because they and his family were concerned about his behaviour.
His passport was confiscated when authorities learned he was planning to go to Syria.
Presumably this along with a relationship breakup with a girlfriend led to festering anger and frustration coming to the surface, so he may have heeded the call of the recent global IS fatwa to do as much damage as possible while dying. "Suicide by cop" perhaps.

It was a black flag with writing on it that praised Allah.
What a delicious irony right there.

He/they seek to destroy our way of life; a Country that allows their freedom to wave that flag.

Let's get over to their neck of the woods and wave the Methodist/Catholic or whatever religion flag and walk up and down the street with it and see how we go.

Does the Methodist church even have a flag? I should know I guess - I supposedly am one.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I had 6 emoticons; but one lost his head.

A joint statement released by diverse faith leaders, including the Grand Mufti of Australia, Dr Ibrahim Abu Mohamed, condemned violence being perpetrated in the name of religion overseas, including the Islamic State's recent call to arms from its overseas supporters.

"The recent call for violence from overseas, targeting Australia as well as other countries has no religious authority and must be rejected," the statement said.

"The sanctity of life is of paramount importance for all people of faith and to all people of goodwill."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/d...ic-council-20140924-10l8v7.html#ixzz3EKDV28yd

A joint statement released by diverse faith leaders, including the Grand Mufti of Australia, Dr Ibrahim Abu Mohamed, condemned violence being perpetrated in the name of religion overseas, including the Islamic State's recent call to arms from its overseas supporters.

"The recent call for violence from overseas, targeting Australia as well as other countries has no religious authority and must be rejected," the statement said.

"The sanctity of life is of paramount importance for all people of faith and to all people of goodwill."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/d...ic-council-20140924-10l8v7.html#ixzz3EKDV28yd

Unfortunately, Dr Ibrahim should know that his statement will avail less than what the jihadists make following the tenets of the Koran, Haddith and Sunnah.

The less charitable may invoke of Al Taqqiyah?

Some social media posts suggest Taqiyyah is widespread and allows believers to lie to non believers to further Islam. ie to claim that Islam is a peaceful religion whilst plotting harm against infidels.

My reading suggests that it is actually limited to believers being able to lie about their belief if they are being persecuted. Also to eat pork and drink wine if forced to.

It isn't practised by all sects.

Can you point me to any info if what I'm saying doesn't seem right?

My reading suggests that it is actually limited to believers being able to lie about their belief if they are being persecuted. Also to eat pork and drink wine if forced to.

It isn't practised by all sects.
You're correct, and it's a Shia practice, whereas the terrorist organisations - ISIS/ISIL/"Islamic State", Al-Qaeda, the Taliban, Khorasan, Al-Nusra, etc. - are overwhelmingly Sunni, and taqqiya does not form part of their belief system.

No, the irony is that we're destroying our own freedoms for the sake of fighting people whose goal is to destroy freedom...
So we should do nothing?

We are already losing our freedom every day with these clowns..

I don't think it's "for the sake of".

I think that any group of people who try to take others' freedom for simply living their life differently to them - and will kill them because of it - has to be stopped at all costs.

I was out in my garden on the weekend; sunny day, two days off work, working hard to improve my property, having a beer, looking at the view, kids playing around me, having a ball....

And it suddenly flashed into my head; a picture of the recent beheadings - don't ask me why; it was silly, really - I thought to myself; "Now, why are these imbeciles living over in some god-forsaken, barren desert wasteland, hiding in caves and tunnels and who knows where else, cutting off folks' heads - all in the name of they don't want anyone to live a different life to them...they could be here enjoying life like I am right now".

We have to stop those folks before all forms of freedom are taken by them, and they won't stop until they get it.

I'd rather die fighting than spend my life the way they see life should be lived.

And it suddenly flashed into my head; a picture of the recent beheadings - don't ask me why; it was silly, really - I thought to myself; "Now, why are these imbeciles living over in some god-forsaken, barren desert wasteland, hiding in caves and tunnels and who knows where else, cutting off folks' heads - all in the name of they don't want anyone to live a different life to them...they could be here enjoying life like I am right now".

Because they are mentally unbalanced, and the ones they recruit are also unbalanced.
They need to be culled. (my MIL's new fav word)

We have to stop those folks before all forms of freedom are taken by them, and they won't stop until they get it.
But isn't it a bit redundant if, in the process of stopping them, we take away our own freedoms? Kinda like setting fire to your house to stop a burglary...

Back