BATHURST Last Holden Vs Ford

Holden? or Ford?

• Holden

Votes: 14 60.9%
  • Ford

Votes: 9 39.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The early 90s were the high point for Bathurst for me.

GTRs, Commodores, Sierras, Corollas, BMWs. A real nice range of cars and much more interesting racing as a result.

Not it's basically like NASCAR. Just different shells.

I'm still going to watch on Sunday as it is such an entertaining race.

Last of the Holden versus Ford.Who is your ride
Where's the "who cares" selection?

It's a great spectacle; been to a couple of them; love the atmosphere and hearing the cars.

The funniest (for some) bit is the Hells Angel's tent, plonked right outside the entrance to the ladies toilets.

The signs they hold up are a lot naughty.

Amazingly; the girls take it all in good spirit; no choice really; the boys aint going away..

Last edited:
Last of the Holden versus Ford.Who is your ride

Love cars and racing but unfortunately I didn't vote - basically because they aren't really a Holden or a Ford! Bit like the US they are a similar chassis and engine with different bodies bolted on.

Bring back racing with cars that you can genuinely buy off the showroom floor and I will be interested again.

Welcome Mitsubishi!

Welcome Toyota!

Welcome Mercedes!

Welcome Nissan!

i look forward to these elite racing cars dressed up as family sedans having some competition. i miss ye olde days of bathurst racing - race on sunday, sell on monday - and you knew you were buying the car they raced.

this is what created the stigma surrounding fast and classic cars in australia.

now if only people could see the merit of watering down red and blue in the political system....

I really enjoy sitting down for the whole day and watching Bathurst on telly, including the pre race stuff. It may seem "bogan" to some, but I just love the event. Watching it takes me back to the old days of Brock/Johnson etc. Great history and tradition. Red vs Blue.

Go the Fords.

The really sad thing here though, is the looming demise of Falcon (and probably soon after the Commodore) production will soon mean the end of a very, very long chapter.

Will not be the same with other makes, however quick they are:(

Back