BayView

When he goes postal and blows up his workshop in a deluge of fireballs, explosions and poorly scripted acting, can we call it Michael Bay?

Good to know you are ok BV.

Regarding your postbox... Can a postie deliver a letter without getting off his/her motorbike?
No. ;)

I tried to make it just out of reach so they had to do some actual work.

Of course; they hate that.

EDIT: didn't consciously put the letterbox in a spot to upset the postie - it was a joke.

Last edited:
No. ;)

I tried to make it just out of reach so they had to do some actual work.

Of course; they hate that.

:(. Don't be surprised if you get a letter saying they will refuse to deliver. We got that once when we had just a bucket with a brick on a pice of plywood. The house number was painted on the bucket :)

Aust post deemed it a "non-approved letter box" and refused delivery until we notified the local post office that we had an "approved" box.

:(. Don't be surprised if you get a letter saying they will refuse to deliver. We got that once when we had just a bucket with a brick on a pice of plywood. The house number was painted on the bucket :)

Aust post deemed it a "non-approved letter box" and refused delivery until we notified the local post office that we had an "approved" box.
It's the Australian way...do less, want more, whine a lot, less jobs, sook up because there's no work.

Marvelous.

so are you going to tell us where you went? or is it personal?

not very fair of you to build up such a reputation and suddenly disappear :) :) :)

So what happens if they refuse to deliver to your mailbox? Does it then get held at the post office? That could be kind of useful. wouldn't have to pay for a po box then.

I'm a bit peeved lately. Our letterbox is big inside out yard, so whatever is dropped in will not poke out. We are all top to secure our mail, and ours is secure, but the postie just is too lazy to push the mail through so it drops into the box. Every day he/she leaves letters poking out for anyone to simply grab from the footpath. I think it is time I spoke with the local distribution centre because I can be as secure as I like but if they continue to leave my mail hanging out they I might as well just have a bucket on a brick.

so are you going to tell us where you went? or is it personal?

not very fair of you to build up such a reputation and suddenly disappear :) :) :)
I didn't go anywhere....just not here...or anywhere really.

Having said that; had a weeks's holiday with the family for our 20th wedding anniversary though.

Basically; doing my best at hiding from the world as circumstances allow (can't do it at work), and going hammer and tong at home to finish a few things off outside.

I wasn't aware there was any reputation (at east not aware there was a half decent one) certainly never my intention to ever build one up, and didn't think anyone would really care or be too upset if I did exit the stage.

Nice (but surprised) to be missed. Thanks folks!

More gardening to bore ya's with

Had another monumental (emphasis on "mental") weekend in the garden. Finished off the grass; nice to see something other than weeds and dirt, and started to build the end of driveway retaining wall.

Does the mind and soul good.

Attachments

• Front garden.jpg
    Front garden.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 159
  • Front garden 1.jpg
    Front garden 1.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 162
  • Front garden 2.jpg
    Front garden 2.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 194
Had another monumental (emphasis on "mental") weekend in the garden.

Ha haa, yeah, I know exactly what you mean.

Drywalling rocks does my head in too.

But it's nice to sit back when finished and marvel at your skill !

Nice work BV, well done.

I had a couple years staying out of public working on the gardens etc at home here and it's amazing what can be achieved.

Glad to see you back - and apologise if we gave "to hard" a time ... we just want to see you right and back on even keel - physically and financially - so every angle had to be questioned.

I'm reading a fantastic book at the moment that immediately made me think of you - give it a try - John Assaraf "The Answer". Not sure if this download works as I bought the physical book:

http://ebookee.org/John-Assaraf-The-Answer_462336.html

Had another monumental (emphasis on "mental") weekend in the garden. Finished off the grass; nice to see something other than weeds and dirt, and started to build the end of driveway retaining wall.

Does the mind and soul good.

Are you going to rent it out for the summer? Where will you guys live?

Are you going to rent it out for the summer? Where will you guys live?
That's the plan, (see sig below) and assuming we get it rented, we are hoping to head over to Victor Harbour in S.A and stay in a rental home ourselves...much cheaper than our place, but we don't care; a roof, a bed, a beach and a different place to see, and more importantly - a nice nett profit at the end of it.

That's the plan, (see sig below) and assuming we get it rented, we are hoping to head over to Victor Harbour in S.A and stay in a rental home ourselves...much cheaper than our place, but we don't care; a roof, a bed, a beach and a different place to see, and more importantly - a nice nett profit at the end of it.

I hope it all works out for you. A change of scenery and some $$ - gotta love that! Who'll look after the workshop?

I hope it all works out for you. A change of scenery and some $$ - gotta love that! Who'll look after the workshop?
We are closed every year between Xmas eve and first Monday back after New Year (approx 2 weeks usually).

The house has a possible rental window of only about 4 weeks apparently, (week before Xmas and the first 3 weeks after), so we plan to spend 3 weeks at VH, and come back and spend a further week at the in-laws house while they are away that week.

My wife and I will be back at work for that last week while at their house, alternating to look after the kids.

The staff in the workshop will look after it for those two extra weeks - Jan is usually pretty quiet, so it'll be an easy week for them.

Folks have the perception that the doubling (and more) of the population over summer down our way translates to loads of extra work for us. It doesn't; the visitors already have had their tyres and services done up in town before coming down to the Peninsula, so we get the odd breakdown, the odd boat trailer blow-out etc. Meanwhile, all the locals have gone away (or spent all their money for Xmas etc) so our normal service work slows down.

The week before Xmas can be a bit busy with folks wanting the last minute services etc before the holidays, but the staff have been through that too and can handle it.

Back