Best Live Act seen.

The Eagles in Melb last year.

Also; Elton John, Chisels, Billy Joel, Red Hot Chilli Peppers to name a few more.

Also saw Tony Hadley (Spandau Ballet) at a pub last year doing a solo act - awesome voice even now.

Van Halen in Canberra on the Australian tour 1998 - incredible.

Joe Satriani at the Enmore Theatre in Sydney in 2006 - amazing.

G3 in Canberra last year - stunning.

But then, I have a thing for electric guitar virtuosos.

I dont go to many live music events, but I went to the James Morrisson (jazz trumpet player) with the sydney symphony at the opera house a few years ago and it was pretty awesome.

I had this question asked last night by my kids.I have seen hundreds of live acts......but this one stood out.Its raw and its real.Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT_PBM57RUg

Jealous! I would love to see The Cranberries. Best was INXS at Alexandra Hills Tavern in Brisbane in Early 90's. I had some pic's but unfortunately the album was one of my items to disappear from removalist. Luckily I scanned before move although copy isn't good. :( Still want to blow up a big photo one day to hang in my outdoor area.

I dont go to many live music events, but I went to the James Morrisson (jazz trumpet player) with the sydney symphony at the opera house a few years ago and it was pretty awesome.
James Morrison with Idea of North (a capella jazz/gospel quartet) last year- superb
Manhattan Transfer with Idea of North last month- exquisite
Elton John recently- excellent
Many years ago- Dr Hook. Fantastic. No support acts, just kept on going, with solo numbers to give the others a break

Worst ever- Beach Boys at SCG many many years ago. Drunk or stoned, couldn't remember the words to Little Deuce Coupe, couldn't sing in harmony.

Ramones, Festival Hall, 1991. the noise and the feel of the whole wooden floor shaking when they started playing and everyone was moshing still gives me goose bumps, never seen anything like it since!

James Morrison with Idea of North (a capella jazz/gospel quartet) last year- superb
Manhattan Transfer with Idea of North last month- exquisite
Elton John recently- excellent
Many years ago- Dr Hook. Fantastic. No support acts, just kept on going, with solo numbers to give the others a break

Worst ever- Beach Boys at SCG many many years ago. Drunk or stoned, couldn't remember the words to Little Deuce Coupe, couldn't sing in harmony.

I went to summer camp as a teenager with one of the guys from Idea of North.

The standout concerts for me were.
Daddy Cool at Memorial Drive in the 70's.
Split Enz at Thebarton Theatre in the 80's, the energy was jaw dropping.
More recently David Bowie performed a very accomplished and entertaining show.
Eric Clapton I found disappointing but one of the guitarists performing with him was amazing.
The B52's at A Day on the Green was great fun.

Back