Best place for positive cashflow regional NSW

Start with towns starting with the letter A and finish with the letter Z?

When you have been through them all and have done your own research, then ask for some feedback on your top 5 towns.

Tamworth, Wagga Wagga, Dubbo, Bathurst, good starting points but already had a big run

I've been looking at ALbury too, along with Wagga Wagga. What are people's thoughts on Wagga? There's bit of activity there at the moment (e.g. hospital expansion)

Wagga Wagga has alot more than just the Hospital expansion. Its quite huge the amounts of projects that are in the pipeline (There is a few posts on here that detail them).

Add Goulburn to that list .... doing very nicely with steady growth. A boutique brewery has just bought a huge warehouse opposite the Big Marino to setup brewery in the town. Will provide 150-200 jobs.

Mystery

I would also add Moree - fish farm currently being built, and the council has already started construction on "the gateway" which would hopefully bring in more jobs.

Here is what I was referring to about Wagga Wagga.

http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82148&highlight=wagga+developments&page=2

Courtesy of Brady

"Done some more research on Wagga, few bits and peices i've found so far.

- $58M logistics hub ($14.6M funding announcement june 2012)
- $282M redevelopment of Base Hospital (2010-2015)
- $3.3M day surgery (2010-2015)
- $2.8M medical clinic (2012-2013)
- $3.4M assisted living facitily (2011-2016)
- $60M Renewed Metal Technologies (2011)
- $63M Stage 1 for Riverina Oils & Bio Energy, 65 jobs(annual revenue $125M)
- $3.4M calvery hospital drug & alcohol
- Bowmen business park contributes $64M and 260 employees
- One of Australia's largest and fastest growing cities, population ~63000
- Young population, assisted by University & Tafe
- Unemployment rate ~5.5%
- International Motel, Lake Albert Road $8.5M
- Murrumbidgee Mill, Edward Street $20M
- Masters Home Improvement, Hammond Avenue $23M (to be completed 2013)
- NBN rollout 2013
- Wagga Wagga is an Evocity, NSW largest growing inland city
- Defence force base
- Possible $400M trade centre to be invested by Chinese "

Was looking at Ashmont in Wagga recently and notice that there are quiet a few cheap properties that would be postive after a bit of a tart up however there seems to be a fair few vacant rentals that are "recently renovated" so maybe the horse has bolted on that one.

Was looking at Ashmont in Wagga recently and notice that there are quiet a few cheap properties that would be postive after a bit of a tart up however there seems to be a fair few vacant rentals that are "recently renovated" so maybe the horse has bolted on that one.

And not many agents that will manage it for you if recent threads about PM's not taking on any more trashmont listings is anything to go by

My mate settled on a joint in Ashmont in September
did a 7k reno, paint carpets air-con etc
which took 2 weeks after settlement to complete

finally tenanted last week....

The numbers are good in Ashmont but you also need to allow a buffer to cover a sometimes significant vacancy between tenants. Is one of the most undesirable areas to live in wagga. Pick your street carefully then cross your fingers it doesn't take too long for a tenant to be found. Thankfully my tenant decided to stay on in my supposed haunted house so I don't need to worry for at least another 12 months now.

What I did on the advice of local agents and locals was not to purchase in ashmont or Tolland but go look at the next two suburbs above. Mount Austin and Koorongal... Both can still buy cheap with good yield without as much issues with finding a PM and a tenant (note their are still bad streets in these suburbs so best ask a PM if there is issue where you're looking)

Hey KnightM
$230 I believe, which was on par for similar properties.
it is tenanted now for 200 even.

What was purchase price?

My Mount Austin was purchased for $216k and rented from day 1 after settlement $315p/w

As mentioned above went different suburbs after hearing of tenants and tenancy issues.

Cheapest 3bd in Tolland I can find is listed at 157k.
Maybe just a lack of listings, or is this market moving?
Tempted to off load a place in Tolland if the money is there.
Putting a new tenant in this week....maybe good timing to list before the place gets trashed and they fall into arrears :D

Back