Bet We Will Hear from the Day Traders Today

Another predicted down day on the market. Which will mean we should hear from the day traders. I love how we never hear anything from them when the market is rising but the minute it starts falling we hear about the great trades being done. Would love to hear the other side of the story but alas negative stories aren't as impressive as positive ones.

Another predicted down day on the market. Which will mean we should hear from the day traders. I love how we never hear anything from them when the market is rising but the minute it starts falling we hear about the great trades being done. Would love to hear the other side of the story but alas negative stories aren't as impressive as positive ones.

I know what I make money when conditions suit me. Maybe such condition suit day tradrs.

I have nothing against them making money nor talking having made some money like property investors do.

I'm not a daytrader...usually hold for a few months.

I bought Telstra today at $3.16. I know this is near to a recent high for the stock.

I'm expecting the share price to keep rising after confirmation they are joining the NBN.

I'm not a daytrader...usually hold for a few months.

I bought Telstra today at $3.16. I know this is near to a recent high for the stock.

I'm expecting the share price to keep rising after confirmation they are joining the NBN.

Fail to see waht's wrong with that !?!

If the price runs up quicker than expected and it doesn't take a couple of months to make the profit, even better right ? !

Yep, if your game this is good trading weather , pretty hard on the old nerves though. Where will she go next though any bets ?

:eek:

Not a share trader per se Coasty, but maybe I can find that chart of a stock I purchased at it's absolute peak

We are all traders in the fullness of time though

Its not hard to find when I bought in.....it's pretty much right at the top of it's highest price ever :D

Then there's my CopperCo purchase

Maybe we can make this a "My Bad Trades Thread" ! ;)

We are all traders in the fullness of time though

QUOTE]

This is truely thought provoking. Well done for bringing it up.
When does my definition of an investor become a 'trader': the measurement is usually expressed in terms of time (to enable the variables between price and value to play out)

Why not a good trades thread, or it it illegal to be positive shares?

Great idea also Sunfish, post away, as I love a good news story as much as the next investor, the decision making process would be great also (i.e. why it was purchased).

Well it's bad news for investors already in really but in trading or even buying there's dozens of quickie 10 and 15% opportunities during these times.
The trouble is you tend to watch at times like this until you finally decide it's patterned enough to jump in for a couple but then "it" finally decides that it's time to go splat , that's happened to me.

Back