BIG Brisbane Meeting/ 23rd Feb / Justin Eslick

This month at BIG Justin Eslick, son of Paul Eslick, one half of the Reno Kings, will be telling us how we can beat the agent to buy better as well as Town Planning Tips and Tricks.

Tuesday February 23 - 2010, 7:30pm, check out the BIG web site for more details.

http://www.big.org.au/content/view/106/1/

Haven't been to a BIG meeting before? FREE ENTRY for your first meeting!

Sorry about the late notice. I thought the details had been posted already.

If your thinking about buying or want some tips from the someone who does it all day please do yourself a favor and come along to tomorrow's meeting.

Hope to see you there.

Thanks for the invite for last night's presentation, we really enjoyed it! Very helpful and informative; will definately be back to another one soon.
Cheers.

Thanks for organizing Tin.

I realize Justin has to strike a balance between giving too much away and drumming up business......but I think he was pretty generous with what he gave for nicks. It is invaluable getting inside the heads of people interpreting the town plan for a living.

I hadn't been to a BIG meeting since early-mid last year, and turned up at CTC....:(

An excellent evening, some wonderful tips and advice from Justin on how to negotiate and seek hidden value using the town plan.

hehe, I'd love to know what Justin thought about the way town planners think (being one and all) :)
I do think that a lot of town planners have a justifiably bad reputation for some of the ways they deal with both applicants and applications. I have had colleagues who deserved a good kicking for their attitude !!!

If anyone is willing to write a quick paragraph about it, I would be really happy.

ta :)

hehe, I'd love to know what Justin thought about the way town planners think (being one and all) :)
I do think that a lot of town planners have a justifiably bad reputation for some of the ways they deal with both applicants and applications. I have had colleagues who deserved a good kicking for their attitude !!!

If anyone is willing to write a quick paragraph about it, I would be really happy.

ta :)
Justin mentioned this about town planners and town planning.

'You need a knowledge of planning even if you are a renovator..'

There are three types of planners:

1) Those who write the rules (They work for Council, Government, Contractors working for these two)
2) Those who enforce the rules (They work for Council, Gov etc)
3) Those who can tell you what rules can be broken! (They can work on behalf of the investor)

Most people aren't aware of type number 3. This is the town planner who is much more likely to be valuable to your investing than the first two types.

Another small point I thought was useful that I have head before in relation to asking a question of an accountant...

'When asking for advice from a planner ask this: 'What options are available with this block?' rather than asking if something more specific is possible.

Could anyone write a quick overview/main points from the meeting. would be greatly appreciated as really wanted to but couldn't attend.

Justin mentioned this about town planners and town planning.

'You need a knowledge of planning even if you are a renovator..'

There are three types of planners:

1) Those who write the rules (They work for Council, Government, Contractors working for these two)
2) Those who enforce the rules (They work for Council, Gov etc)
3) Those who can tell you what rules can be broken! (They can work on behalf of the investor)

Most people aren't aware of type number 3. This is the town planner who is much more likely to be valuable to your investing than the first two types.

Another small point I thought was useful that I have head before in relation to asking a question of an accountant...

'When asking for advice from a planner ask this: 'What options are available with this block?' rather than asking if something more specific is possible.

Thank you Andrew, that is really interesting. The last thing you mentioned is very interesting. As I mentioned on another thread, planners hate to be treated like an Applicant's consultant as they see it as the Appl;icant trying to get free advice. I was alwasy happy to advise Applicants and prospective Applicants but many of my colleagues refused to help and a questions asking "what the options are".... would really set them off !!!!!

I might add that the best type of planner to fulfill Town Planner No 3 would be an ex-type 1 or 2 who had "gone rogue" like me. :)

Back