BIG Brisbane Meeting –July 2005

agent 86 said:
and I used something I've rarely used before, ie a round green face showing plenty of teeth (eg see on right when posting)

and I have only ever spoken positive of BIG and its committee.

A86

Yep, I used the same :D

However, I really don't want hoards of people turning up a mysterious 20 minutes late.

asy :D

agent 86 said:
I have only ever spoken positive of BIG and its committee.

A86

Dear A86,

This is true. Actually you are the fifth official fully paid member of BIG. (The only people who paid memberships before you were Ian & Jan Somers and my wife and I. ;) )

See you on the 30th. :)

Cheers,

Sunstone.

agent 86 said:
and I used something I've rarely used before, ie a round green face showing plenty of teeth (eg see on right when posting)

A86,

I knew you were joking but, as Asy said, we don't want hoards of people turning up 20 mins late. This could result in us NOT having a quorum for the AGM which in turn would mean we would have to cancel the AGM and re-schedule it for another month, say September or October :eek: :eek:

As Sunstone stated, having an AGM is part of the rules of being an incorporated association - just as having our books audited, etc. Some may see these as overheads; others may see these as hassles. I believe (and I trust you would agree with me) that the benefits of incorporation far outweigh these minor "inconvienences".

BIG is nearing 60 paid annual members and regularly achieves 40+ people who pay door fees to attend meetings. I don't believe BIG would have achieved this success without incorporation. This also puts BIG in a strong financial position to deliver bigger and better benefits to its members in the coming 12 months. That is why we need to have the AGM, elect the Committee so that they can "get on with the job" of doing this.

I know you are aware of all of this and BIG looks forward to your continued support

See you at the AGM on 30 Aug, before 7:30pm :D :D

KieranK
BIG Treasurer

Back