BIG brokers, hardly worth the time?

I've seen two brokers, who come from the bigger broker companies and Ive found not a ounce of value from them. Can anyone recommend me one in Sydney, NSW?

Thanks
Kris

Kris

have a search in the members section... off the top of my head

Simon Macks or Rolf Latham

That being said you could also check the MFAA website www.mfaa.com.au or the FBAA one and do a search for brokers in your area.

sorry if i missed anyone. I'm sure some of the other forumites will pop up with something.

Regards
Richard

Peter Tersteeg in Melbourne is excellent. But you might want to wait a few weeks before calling him - he's flat strap trying to sort out OUR finances. :D I think he's averaging 4 hours sleep a night :eek:

Cheers
Elizabeth L

Mr Ed

Can highly recommend Ed Nixon (Mr Ed on the forum) from Loans Approved.
He has organised quite a few loans for me and I have been extremely happy with his service and that of April and Nadia in his office.

Cheers,
Nick

Can highly recommend Ed Nixon (Mr Ed on the forum) from Loans Approved.
He has organised quite a few loans for me and I have been extremely happy with his service and that of April and Nadia in his office.
And Stefan as well.

Ed is doing wonders for me.

Yes, he is Canberra based- the original question was about Sydney.

Well, RolfL is sort of Sydney, also Gold Coast, Simon Macks in Newcastle.

Any of them are very good.

OK, they are not based in Sydney (I'm not sure if Rolf does part time in Sydney.

You can deal with any mortgage broker, in any part of the country.

The only bit where there may be a slightest bit of a problem with is in signing original documents. But that is a minor delay.

I'd suggest looking for a good MB- as long as that MB can deal with Australia, don't worry too much about which city.

I reckon a lot of brokers are geared towards getting first home buyers into something and Mr and Mrs Smith into a updated property. Maybe also helping Mr and Mrs Smith into their one investment.

Dealing with you guys needs a bit extra, you are better informed, are picky about things like XColl, CRA hits etc etc... Young brokers starting out at McBrokers would probably find you all a bit daunting :D

Cheers,

*jaw drop* thanks for all the suggestions guys!! I'll look through them, would rather deal directly with someone in Sydney

I agree with Geoff, if your broker services Australia then it doesn't matter where you live. I've never even laid eyes on my broker and have been using him for 5 years.

Oh and I would add one more thing......it sounds dumb, but if you are halfway serious about this investing malarky......get a fax machine at home. I can't count the number of times the convenience alone of having a fax has saved butloads of stress and made things flow much more easily.

A scanner is much better than a fax. It comes out the other end clearer and is already in electronic form for easy storage.

I deal with a lot of remote clients this way. It's actaully easier and quicker to deal with some remote clients than it is with local ones.

Had a chat to Jane now.. shes great so far!

glad you like her...met with her a few times last year before i changed agencies - am really impressed by her services and knowledge...her website is a great tool as well.

been meaning to catch up with her to renew the contact, but time has flown (as it always does).

I will certainly be giving her a call next time i want to buy...

Im just waiting on some info from her, but AMO also listed last week a investor loan, 3 year fixed rate interest only loan @ 7.54%, $300 valuation fee, $5per month account fee and it has 100% offset. The ONLY catch is you cannot save more than $10,000 interest by using the offset account. On $350k loan you'd need to have around $120k in the offset - I figure if I had that much money in there it would have been put into another IP or shares.

It looks like I may be going this route, the interest rate is lower than most and a fixed 3 year gives me flexibility...

Hiya Kris

Given whats going on in that style of product market is this a wise product choice, if you have other choices ?

Most of my clients are running from fully securitised lends unless they cant avoid them.

ta
rof

Back