BIG (Somersoft) Brisbane Meeting

Dear guys,

Must say that our last one was a great meeting. Anyone that is in Brissy and has not come along............ Do!!! We had 40 people at our last meeting and it is a great way to meet likeminded people in property investing.

When: Tuesday 24th of June 2003
Where: Salisbury State School Library, Cripps St, Salisbury.

(Enter through gate on Lillian Avenue and drive up lane on the right through the buildings onto the basketball court. When on the basketball court the library is located to the South West and up the stairs on the second level.)
(Look for the BIG Group Sign)

(UBD 200 Ref A8). Medium distance walk from Salisbury Station.

Dress: Non-formal.
Time: 7.30pm.
Cost: Intention to be non-profit. Discussions on how best to pay for compulsory public liability and related insurances. Further info to be posted.

Speaker:
-Andrew King

Andrew King is a respected property writer and investor who amongst other things is/was: Highly involved in establishing NZ property associations, Editor of the New Zealand equivalent of the Australian Property Investor Magazine for a number of years and is a property book author.

A review of one of his books is below.

http://stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,2492411a9104,00.html

After hearing Andrew talk about some of his experiences and drawing upon his expertise in setting up property associations in New Zealand we will have a question and answer time.
-Close meeting for networking.

Everyone interested in property and the somersoft forum is welcome to come along. (Having an IP is not a pre-requisite, only a motivation to do so.)

Why don't you bring along a friend! (I am sure that we all know someone who can benefit in talking with other like minded people.)

Hope to see you all there!

Cheers,

Sunstone (Shane)

WOO!!

Great minds!!

I logged on to bump this, only to find you beat me to it!

Hey guys!

Come along to find out how the Kiwi's do it!
(Property investing, that is!! :) )

Andrew King will be telling us about the NZ system, and we will have lots of time to discuss, debate, and deliberate about the differences between our methods and theirs, and to talk about what differrences the closing cost and CGT make to our plans!

Should be a VERY informative evening!!!

asy :D

G'day all,

I can't be there, but will have a representative there - my son Adam has just returned from a one-year "world safari" - visited all continents (except Antarctica) and "had a ball" !!!!

He's back in Brisvegas - but for how long??? Don't ask me.....
He's his own bloke.

But I do hope to meet up with a bunch of you within the next month or two (I hope to be in Brissie around the time of the "3 snags BBQ" ;) - but this is not yet set in concrete - that's why I haven't emailed you yet, Asy.....)

Regards,

Dear Les,

Looking forward to you being able to make the BBQ. (Will be good to catchup.)

Adam's more then welcome. Curious. What does Adam look like and roughly how old?

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Originally posted by Sunstone
What does Adam look like and roughly how old?

Les, lemme guess,

He'll be the one that comes up and says, "Hi, I'm Adam, Les' son..."

Am I right??? heheheheheh

G'day Asy and Sunstone,

I guess, by now, you can tell ME how it went....
What does Adam look like and roughly how old
Hehe - well he's good-lookin' (family likeness ? :D ) and stopped being a teenager about 10 years ago....

He'll be the one that comes up and says, "Hi, I'm Adam, Les' son..."
I would think that if he said that, you've got the wrong dude. He's his own bloke - so, if he DID say that, I would be quite surprised.

So, now, what DID he say? (Surprise me.. ;) )

Regards,

Originally posted by Les
I would think that if he said that, you've got the wrong dude. He's his own bloke - so, if he DID say that, I would be quite surprised.

So, now, what DID he say? (Surprise me.. ;) )

He signed the visitors page, and I saw it said "Adam B...."

And I saw...

And so I said... Oooooh, so you are Adam...

And he looked stunned, and said.. um... yes...

And the rest is history...

hehe

Hi Queen Bee,

*BUMP* is used to bump a particular thread back to the top of the new posts search. Its usually done where there have been no replies to a thread for a few days, but the thread starters or others wish to remind people about something within the thread.

Most of the threads youll see being bumped are in Meeting Point - its just done to remind people about an event in case they may have missed previous posts.

Jamie :p

Brissie property meetings

Hi guys,

Can you add me to your list for Brissie meetings - especially any on the Northside.

Happy investing!

Ian:) :)

Back