Bill Zheng's Investor Direct

Has anyone used Investor Direct and if they really assist (advising, coaching, planning) you in acquiring more IPs. I had couple of meetings with their "financial strategists" and came out none the wiser. Many of the "financial strategists" were from overseas where property investing is not really a national past time. I feel they are more mortgage brokers than anything else. Any opinions ?

Last edited:
I feel they are more mortgage brokers than anything else. Any opinions ?

I think you're right. However, Bill himself is very smart. I like the way he thinks and enjoy his news letters. It's unfortunatelly that not every one in the company is like him and you won't get to speak to him unless you're prepare to pay $1000 an hour.:eek:

Cheers,
James.

They are mortgage brokers, but they are very good mortgage brokers and I feel provide a longer-term view than several others that I've dealt with. My Investors Direct broker, Doug Bannister in Brisbane, always talks me through the plan for the next few purchases, and which order we'll use the lenders etc, in order to ensure that our ability to continue borrowing is maintained. He's given me a number of handy tips to prevent me getting "caught".

Perhaps you're not asking the right questions. Do you go into the meeting with a clear objective? Because they're obviously not going to create a property investing plan for you; but if you already have clear PI objectives, I have found that Doug has been very helpful in developing a strategy for implementation from the financing perspective.

I agree with Tracey. I use Doug in their Brisbane office and he's pretty switched on. They have a pretty good system to keep you up to date with the loan progress... from approval to settlement.

I got a laugh from this line O1F.

I didn't realise that IP investing here in Oz was a national pastime. :D

Regards
Marty

Unfortunately Marty It IS!

Realestate.com.au and the real estate section of the newspapers are the most looked at publications by the masses!

Since only about 2% of the population own properties and only 0.2% own more than 3 you might come to the conclusion that "watching real estate" is a passtime or hobby for most people!

It is like a football game where you have 12 players and 50,000 spectators most of who are over weight, unfit and earn a minimum income! The people that are playing the game are making the money and the rest are just watching!

I can see why players like Bill Zheng charge $1000 per hour, he has worked hard to get to where he is while others were just sitting on their bums watching the paper! He now does not want to position himself to waste time with tyre-kickers! I can fully appreciate that he is worth what he charges!

Back